Help! I'm obsessed

Discussion in 'General Education' started by smannes, Jul 22, 2008.

1. smannes

smannes Companion

Jul 22, 2008

My DH is away so I decided to pull out all of my tubs with my school supplies for the year in the efforts to organize them. I emptied 2 (out of the 5) tubs/boxes. Holy canoli! and that's not even half of it!

Please tell me I'm not alone!

[​IMG]

eek .. sorry for the huge photo. I didn't realize it was so big.

3. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 22, 2008

That's a hole lot of eraser caps, there, smannes. :woot:

Half my spare room is stacked with boxes to the ceiling. Most of it is books. We all have our weaknesses!

4. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 22, 2008

Oh, and hey-we have the same entertainment center! Ikea?

5. smannes

smannes Companion

Jul 22, 2008

Yup .. Ikea. Boy does that thing weigh a ton!

780 to be exact (erasers, not packages)

6. michelleann27

michelleann27 Cohort

Jul 22, 2008

Your not alone. I have two huge file cabinets full two cabinets full and two books cases.... No your not alone.

7. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Jul 22, 2008

Ummm...you should see my garage, aka-teaching storage unit.
    I'm afraid to open up the multitudes of rubbermaid bins I have....LOL. I think when you are a teacher, a prerequisite is that you have some kind of hoarding disorder. :)

8. michelleann27

michelleann27 Cohort

Jul 22, 2008

LOL i did not think about the house.. walk in closet full, one shed full, and office slightly over full.. TO sacred to get rid of stuff because I might need it..:)

9. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jul 22, 2008

You are definitely not alone. I had to go out and buy containers to keep all of my pencils, crayons, erasers (800+) etc. I have 300 spiral notebooks stacked in a corner. I look at it this way at least they will already be organized. All I'll have to do is place them in my supply closet.

10. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2008

I just took all of my junk into school today. It looked like even more junk in my classroom. I was shocked!

11. dbelmo

dbelmo Rookie

Jul 22, 2008

You should see the trunk of my car, if only my husband knew. He did ask why I was taking his suv to the grocery store!!!

I have so much, too. I consider it my addiction. Others drink, do drugs, etc. I buy school supplies there has to be a support group!

dbelmo

ps I am waiting for my hubby to go to work tomorrow to unload and reorganize somewhere in the house until I can get in to my classroom.

12. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Jul 22, 2008

I also have two large rubbermaid tubs of stuff in my garage and need to purchase more stuff. I'm waiting until I can get in my classroom so I don't have to store anymore school supplies in my garage.

13. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Jul 22, 2008

I am NOT going to post a picture of my garage. :whistle: I have one wall full of books, then a line of rubbermaid tubs, and then two rows of xerox paper boxes stacked in front of that (stacked over my head--about 5 high). It's a compulsion to never weed out anything because I might need it later and never know what grade I'll have next.

14. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Jul 22, 2008

ps I am waiting for my hubby to go to work tomorrow to unload and reorganize somewhere in the house until I can get in to my classroom.

Yeah, I was going to unload all the books I got at Goodwill this afternoon when I got back from an appt. I pulled up and he was home early! Now they are still in my car!

15. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jul 22, 2008

My trunk is filled to capacity. I'm just going to wait and take it all to the school next week. I don't think I can get anymore in my house w/o it looking a total mess.

16. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 22, 2008

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

I don't know about y'all, but I don't have a problem. I just need a lot of teacher stuff. :rolleyes:

17. CHI

CHI Rookie

Jul 22, 2008

I think I am an addict too!
    I am trying to cut back but, when I see a good deal I have to have it. I was so proud the other day I went shopping and didn't buy a single school supply. BUT then I went home and that was all I could think of so I had to go back out and buy school supplies!!

HELP!!

18. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 22, 2008

I did the same thing today - I decided to collate the several piles of stuff I had and lay it out. It's gotten to the point where I go to order something and I think "do I have that already"? But my guest room bed is just covered in classroom stuff and I'm awaiting several things I ordered - Oriental Trading,etc. I can't wait to get into my room, not sure how I'm going to get it all there, might need to rent a U-Haul. :unsure: Have to say, I guess misery loves company, it's nice to know I'm not the only one!

19. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 22, 2008

You all are definitely not alone. Do we want to start with the office/spare bedroom, the stacks that got stuck in the master bedroom in the corner (because the closet in the spare bedroom is a bit full), but the part I am happiest that will get to go to school tomorrow is the part that is in the dining room and living room. THEN my boyfriend should stop having the reason to make the comment "did a school supply shop explode and I missed it?". That's become his favorite line recently.

20. lovemyjob

lovemyjob Rookie

Jul 22, 2008

Atleast he has a sense of humor about it :) My dh is pretty understanding but he isn't always fully aware of what's purchased :whistle:

21. Matt633

Matt633 Comrade

Jul 22, 2008

Oh, I went into Walgreens today(after Office Max, Party city and DT) and the very nice little clerk said "Honey, you don't have to worry about limits here.... I just started dumping into my basket. I have 14 years worth of erasers, paper, pencils but I will make room for this week-ends bargins!!!!

22. ahsila

ahsila Companion

Jul 22, 2008

I consider myself very lucky - mom and stepdad own a ministorage business and I have my own unit (rent free even :2up:) that has all my stuff in it... well, all the stuff I bring home. Sadly, between a few treasures I have found over the summer and the LOADS of vistaprint stuff I now have, I don't think that storage unit will be enough next year.
    Around half of it is personal stuff that I'm not bringing out until my house gets renovated, but very near half of the unit is teaching/school stuff and I'm running out of room.:D

23. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jul 22, 2008

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one!!! My hubby just laughs at me. I guess he gave up on asking why I needed this stuff. I really want another purse (my other weakness)-I wonder if I buy it with a bunch of school stuff if he'll notice...HMMMM!