Help! I'm looking for a book!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by ilove2ndgrade, Jun 21, 2004.

1. ilove2ndgrade

ilove2ndgrade Rookie

Jun 21, 2004

I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out the name of this book. I used to check it out of the library every week when I was young. It has to be out-of-print by now. It may have been published in the 70's or early 80's.

I don't remember much about it except for this... it was about a young girl who was a giant and what life was like as a giant. The only specific information I can recall is that she would eat a plate full of trees as her "broccoli". Does anyone know this book?

I'd appreciate any help you can give! Thanks!

3. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jun 24, 2004

i tried a search based on your info. I am struggling to help you. Will continue just wanted to let you know I was trying for you
    Ruth

4. ilove2ndgrade

ilove2ndgrade Rookie

Jun 24, 2004

Thanks for the help!!! I've tried searching everywhere. I thought maybe with millions of teachers on this site, someone might know what I'm talking about! :)

5. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jun 25, 2004

i asked my sister, a librarian who drew a blank.... It sounds like someone is just going to have to recall the story and jog their memory with more details. Maybe, you can recall more anecdotes such as the broccoli/trees? Or, the character name?