Help I Need a New Bathroom theme!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherSandra, Aug 25, 2014.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 25, 2014

Besides the Christmas holidays, one of the bathrooms is beach-themed and I'm tired of it. I don't necessarily have to have a theme, but I do have 3 small white shelves (boxes) and they need to have something in them.
    Any suggestions?
    1. I'm keeping the white towels so any prop goes.
    2. My shower curtain is pinstriped; very thin colors of orange, gold, yellows, browns. But I'm tired of it and want to get a new one.
    3. No holiday or Paris themes.
    Thank You!

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 25, 2014

If I were to redo my bathroom I think I'd go with owls! They have a really cute set at Kohls that I saw the other day. They are everywhere right now so you could definitely find some owl accent to put on your shelves and there are a ton of things relating to them on Pinterest that you could make.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 25, 2014

I had a beach/fish bathroom theme for years & got tired of it too. I've since had a magenta & purple flowered shower curtain, wastebasket, tissue box set & purple bath mats from Bed Bath & Beyond w/ towels of that color in a bold stripe design from Khol's.

I do like owls too, but I'd want a grown-up owl look, not some kiddie look, so I don't know how the one at Khol's is that TeacherNY is referring to.

Otherwise, black & white (&/or grey) w/ red accents is always nice too.

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 25, 2014

I have a kind of hibiscus flower with leaves shower curtain that I coordinated around. I like it. It is kind of tropical without being beachy or loud. The colors are deep yellow and green. I have towels in those colors and a vanity chair seat cover in a print like the shower curtain. It brings the outdoors in.

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Aug 25, 2014

I have white trim, white tub/toilet/vanity, bright blue walls, and bright yellow accents. My curtain is white, blue, yellow floral. My curtains are white, blue, yellow plaid, and I have several yellow rubber ducks as accessories. I like it.

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 25, 2014

How about no theme and just beautiful soaps, glass dish or bottles, maybe a metallic framed pic or candle in the box shelves?

8. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 25, 2014

I don't have a theme in my bathroom per se.

I have a peachy color scheme..peach and white towels..some rolled in a basket, peach bar of soap and even a peachy anti bacterial soap bottle! It seems to go nicely with the spring/summer weather.

For fall I will add my little pumpkin accents.....just a few little things I have. One is a pumpkin candy dish I use as a soap dish now and the other is a small ceramic candle holder with a little pumpkin spice candle it, very sweet :)

9. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

10. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Aug 25, 2014

If I redid my bathroom, I'd probably do a Paris theme, but since that's not what you want :lol:

We have a hunting themed bathroom at my parents' house. We have horses (though we don't hunt). It's very cute with pictures, towels, etc...

I also love wainscoting (sp?) with a dark color above it (navy or plum). Then do accent towels and things.

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 25, 2014

12. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 25, 2014

Go shower curtain shopping and let that choice decide for you.

13. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 25, 2014

Everyone has some really nice advice; thank you! Today, I spent about 4 hours looking at shower curtains, accessories and then returning to Ana's Linens for the shower curtain that I fell in love with. It has 2 main colors, chocolate & a pale blue. I don't know how to include a photo here :( I got the bath rug (chocolate) and just a few accessories: picture of a blue flower; candle holder (still need the candle, LOL. Hubby came in and said I should really get some brown hand towels. Which I will totally do!!

14. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 26, 2014

Sounds great! I decided to do red accents for the Fall..the peach is being put away til next year :)

15. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Aug 30, 2014

I was going to suggest bling.