Help! I have no bulletin boards!

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by preschoolgal, Aug 8, 2006.

1. preschoolgal

preschoolgal Rookie

Aug 8, 2006

So I got to see my classroom for the first time yesterday (as the build is still in progress) and I noticed that the only board I had in my room is a whiteboard. I plan on using it, but is there another way to make bulletin boards without just putting paper on a wall and making it look like one? Please help! I have so many bulletin board decorations and am afraid of nowhere to put them!

3. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Aug 8, 2006

Walmart sells corkboard bulletin boards for less than 20 dollars for pretty big sizes.
    I'm sure you will get many ideas from experienced teachers here soon.

4. mrod

mrod Rookie

Aug 8, 2006

My classroom only has one bulletin board so I created two more. One I placed in the back of my manipulatives shelf, I adhered a cork board to the back of the shelf with double back tape. Then I used poster board but the thick foam kind and decorated them as bulletin boards and hung them from the ceiling.

5. Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike Rookie

Aug 8, 2006

ya you put it on your inventory wish list lol

6. Steph-ernie

Steph-ernie Groupie

Aug 8, 2006

My partner teacher came across lots of big pieces of cardboard - probably about 3 feet high by 4 feet across. I covered one of the them with a large piece of colored paper and a border, and nailed it to the wall. You can't tell it's just a piece of cardboard under there!

7. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Aug 8, 2006

I recently read on another thread about using ceiling tiles. I think they hot glued them to the wall.

8. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Aug 10, 2006

If the builder is still working on the room, maybe the bulletin boards are not up yet.

9. preschoolgal

preschoolgal Rookie

Aug 10, 2006

Thanks for the ideas guys. Keep them coming. I found out that the reason they have not hung any is something about the walls not being able to hold them. I think that is ridiculous so I guess I will just have to make my own or buy some.

10. mrs.oz

mrs.oz Companion

Aug 10, 2006

Also, hang a clothes line to display childrens work. Also, depending on the ceiling you can suspend some from the ceiling.

11. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Aug 10, 2006

Yes, I have heard of this. Some buildings have a different wall constuction with metal instead of 2x4 wood studs. Just create a bulletin board area with paper boarders and stick your display right to the wall.

Good luck.