Help for Class...

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by futureiowateach, Feb 24, 2010.

1. futureiowateach

futureiowateach Rookie

Feb 24, 2010

Hello Everyone! My name is Chris Wilson, I am a senior History/Government Secondary Education and K-12 Special Education major at William Penn University in Iowa. I am currently taking a "Human Relations for Teachers" course and one of the assignments is to contact teachers from other schools, especially those at large innercity schools to discuss subgroups and the differences seen between then and at different schools. Specifically the assignment is: "Pen Pal - Locate a teacher who works in an inner city school and teaches the same grade level and subject area you are interested in teaching in. Ask the teacher about the realities of each subgroup that we have talked about or will talk about within our class (socioeconomic status, race/ethnicity, exceptionalities , gender, language, age, religion, and geography). What are the real issues they see on a daily basis. What accommodations or changes within their curriculum do they make in order to teach all of their students equally. How do they bring the students' culture into the classroom to make connections? You will need the e-mail printed off for verification of your exchange. If you need help locating a teacher, please let me know. This is due March 11. 10 points for each subgroup discussed and 20 points for professionalism in the communication of the e-mails (no text messaging spelling) = 100 points."

I'm thinking this is the quickest way to get multiple responses and would really appreciate any replies I can get, if possible could you provide your name and the school you teach in (or email me with your responses wilsonc@wmpenn.edu, or in a private message on here...)

Thanks in advance! --Chris

3. futureiowateach

futureiowateach Rookie

Feb 25, 2010

Anyone? Please :-D