Help for a shaken baby syndrome child?

Discussion in 'Special Education Archives' started by Bonnie, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie New Member

Nov 3, 2006

I am not a teacher yet. I am currently working on my degree in the field of early elementary education though. My question is a desperate plea from a mother. I have a daughter who is now 8 years old who was shaken by her father when she was 2 1/2. My daughter has trouble especially with separation anxiety, staying on task in school (unless it's art) associating with her peers, as well as exhibiting mild autistic behaviors daily. My heart breaks as I know she is unhappy and almost afraid of the other children as well as her teacher. I am working with the teacher, principal, special ed. teachers and the district psychologist to do the testing for her to receive better help from them. My question is, does anyone have experience teaching a child who has shaken baby syndrome, and if so, please tell me anything you think might help me to help her. Thanks.

3. kidatheart

kidatheart Habitué

Nov 3, 2006

Bonnie - I am sorry to hear your story! I hope that you are able to receive the help you need from some of the folks here! Best of luck to you and your daughter.