Help - feeling discouraged but there might be hope

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by isrich111, Apr 6, 2021.

1. isrich111

isrich111 New Member

Apr 6, 2021

Hi everyone,
    I'm graduating college in about a month and am on the hunt for a job. I will be graduating with a bachelors degree in elementary education. Since February i've had about 7 or so interviews and have not received one single job offer. Everyone around me is getting jobs - my roommate, who is in the same position as me, got a job offer after her FIRST interview. It is starting to really get me down and I'm becoming more and more discouraged.

Despite all of this, I landed an interview in a good district on April 1st. I went in completely ready, had my interview, and it went amazing. I was extremely confident and the interview panel was laughing and smiling the whole time. At the end, the principal said "I dont know what your job hunt is looking like right now, but I wont have an answer for you until Thursday, but I will give you a call." I said okay thank you so much blah blah. I handed her my portfolio and said "I'm going to leave this with you. I do not need it back but if you get an opportunity to look at it then amazing," she said thank you and was already flipping through it as I left. She actually handed me her business card as well after I gave her my portfolio! I'm not sure what that means. As she walked me out, she turned to me and said "you did very well. we'll see you soon" and it sounded very genuine.

A day later, I went back on the district website and the school had reposted the job posting for the job I interviewed for! I'm not sure what happened there, but I still feel just as confident as I did after the interview, but still a bit discouraged because I don't want to get let down again. Now i'm just waiting for Thursday.

I guess i'm wondering if other people think this interview went well. Let me know your thoughts from experience :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Apr 6, 2021

Could you possible have someone giving you a less than par reference?

4. isrich111

isrich111 New Member

Apr 6, 2021

It could be....I never really thought of that. Two of them are my current mentor teachers and another one is one of my professors. I feel like they wouldn't do that to me, especially being a graduate and looking for my first job.