Help! Did I get the job after a second interview?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by tx_teach, Jun 14, 2008.

1. tx_teach

tx_teach Rookie

Jun 14, 2008

Hi everyone! I have a question about a second interview. Here is the scenario: I met with the principal whom was hiring for a first grade position. While waiting for the interview to begin I began to chat with the school secretary. She informed me that there was a second grade position as well. The interview went extremely well and I asked to be considered for both positions. There were 8 candidates including myself and two availabe positions. I got a call the next day after the interview to meet with several teachers to interview for one of the grades. I met with the other teachers for that grade and discussed what their team was like etc...after the interview they showed me the potential classroom etc...

I then went to thank the principal once again for the interview. She said she would let me know something Friday or Monday. Friday has passed and I am stressing out =) Here is the question I have: If the team likes you or at least thinks they can work with you does that mean you pretty much have the job?

Thank you! I am a first year teacher and am unsure what to expect =)

3. BackpocketNJ

BackpocketNJ Rookie

Jun 14, 2008

It's definitely better than worse it sounds like. :)

4. teachin4ever

teachin4ever Cohort

Jun 14, 2008

I think the fact that you snagged a second interview and they showed you your potential classroom are both really good signs!

Keep thinking positive thoughts and let us know when you hear from the principal!!! :)

5. Superteacher81

Superteacher81 Comrade

Jun 14, 2008

I agree, it sounds good! Friday may have passed, but Monday hasn't!

6. Yank7

Yank7 Habitué

Jun 14, 2008

It is a very positive sign that you met with the team. If you don't hear by Monday give them a call and tell them how excited you are about possibly working there and would like to know if the principal has made up her mind as she said she would let you know by Monday.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 14, 2008

I agree that sounds very promising. It could be that the principal sent the people that s/he believed would be a good fit to let the team members interview them and make a final recommendation. If you don't hear anything by Monday, I would definitely call Tuesday.

8. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jun 14, 2008

Every time I've seen the classroom, I've been offered the job. That's my sign that I nailed the interview.

9. tx_teach

tx_teach Rookie

Jun 14, 2008

Thanks so much! That helps a lot =) Getting this job is all I can think about-silly huh? = )