Help! Demo lesson

Discussion in 'General Education' started by gamerTeacher, Oct 15, 2011.

1. gamerTeacher

gamerTeacher Rookie

Oct 15, 2011

I have a 5 min demo lesson interview and I am panicking a bit. I could really use some second opinions and I know everyone here gives great advice.

My students will be other interviewees and my demo lesson has to follow this type of format:
    introduction
    practice
    comprehension check

I've decided to have them count to five in Japanese. I will give them a handout first. My plan is:

introduction
    chant/ repeat after me
    activity ( I will give them each cards that have 1-5 on them, then say "ichi up!" and they have to hold up the card that says 1)

I'm afraid that my plan is too simple and/or boring. What do you think?

3. Elocin

Elocin Comrade

Oct 15, 2011

What grade is this supposed to be? Will you have them do the cards in order? Maybe during the chant you could create hand signs that go along with it?

Given that you only have 5 mins, it sounds like you are making the most of your time-maybe add something like if you hold up a card with a picture (say, 3 ducks) on it and they have to say the number--you could do that quickly and individually to show for individual comprehension.

Sorry I am not much help--I just wanted to try because I had to do demo lessons while interviewing and they are SO stressful!