Help, Crafty Teachers!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherGrl7, Jan 24, 2011.

1. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Jan 24, 2011

My boyfriend absolutely adored the Christmas tree we cut down this year. When we sadly had to throw it away, I snuck out and snipped off a few branches of the pine needles. I would love to pull the needles off and use them to decorate a glass candle holder, but I'm not crafty at ALL and I'm unsure how to go about it so it looks pretty and not like one of my pre-kers made it. Any ideas of how to do this, or suggestions of something different I can do?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 24, 2011

You could sew a little sachets and put the pine needles in with stuffing.

4. Ranchwife

Ranchwife Companion

Jan 24, 2011

I would be EXTREMELY careful with pine/fir needles and fire! Forests burn down that way.

With that said, I would agree with the sachets or pot pourri. Or make a wall hanging. But both fir and pine turn brown and lose their scent, so the smell won't last long.

5. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Jan 25, 2011

I have seen some candle holders that have a small bowl that you can place things in with a votive candle holder that fits in the top opening of the bowl. Since you can put anything in the bottom bowl, I would assume (ha) that you could put the needles in there too. How about those clear glass ornament that you can put things in? Maybe spray the needles with a fixative, then put in the ornament.