Help! Australia teaching contract - equal opportunity migrant

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teacherteaherc, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Teacherteaherc

Teacherteaherc Rookie

Oct 30, 2020

I have a few questions about contract renewal or whether my contract would be renewed as a graduate. My contract ends at the end of the year. I work at a challenging school in a country region in Australia,
    I asked around for whether my contract would be extended and it was mentioned that there is no place next year.
    My photocopying for class is also limited to asking email permission. All non urgent work communication is also done via email.
    I then asked my line manager to add me to all staff email to know more about what is happening and I was added.
    I asked to be put on my performance management as part of working processes and the email was referred to the deputy and in it, it reiterated that it is an ongoing process since the start of term I was in the school (Although I clearly remember that it was mentioned that I am not on performance management). It was also mentioned to progress from graduate to proficient as a teacher, I have to be in a school for 2 years for the graduate portfolio to be signed off.

What does this mean?

Any opinions and comments? Thanks!

3. Teacherteaherc

Teacherteaherc Rookie

Oct 30, 2020

I was thinking about everything where classes were taken off me to help me with lessons and classroom management and for others to be taking my classes as a graduate.
    I emailed my HOLA and said I am sorry for being a bad team player. Yet she cc-ed the line manager (Deputy principal) and said it was a potentially defamatory comment.
    I then spoke to the HOLA in an arranged meeting and said it was me being polite as I am reflecting as a teacher. She started to take notes down and asked me to sign about what I said and the case will be closed or it will be recorded legally.
    After the situation, there was an informal chat and I kept talking about the communication system whereby there is always a difference between what I am saying and the intended meaning that is read.

Any opinions and comments on how this can be resolved and my contract to be renewed?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020