Help...Any Science Fair Project Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Middle School / Junior High' started by TeacherSandra, Apr 25, 2009.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Apr 25, 2009

It's that time of year...Science Fair Projects!

I'm wondering if there are any outstanding projects that just blew you away. And yes, I'm helping my son out with ideas. :D

I work with preschoolers, yet, I know what works in the younger level.

He's always done excellent with his projects; just wanted to get your point of view.

Thanks!

3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Apr 25, 2009

My daughter did this one in the 6th grade all by herself - how does sight affect taste. She made up boxes of vanilla pudding. She used food coloring to dye three of the puddings; one brown, one green and one pinkish-red and one stayed the same. She placed those four samples in front of students one at time in a separate classroom, had students taste and record what flavor they thought the pudding tasted like. Then she had the students taste the same pudding blindfolded and wrote down their answers. Her hypothesis was that sight would affect taste - it was very simple, she was able to do the entire project on her own, chart her results and present findings.

4. fuzed_fizzion

fuzed_fizzion Comrade

Apr 30, 2009

What are the requirements for your son's science fair project? Is he allowed to do models? research projects? or must it be an experiment he conducts himself?

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/ This site has a topic selection wizard that asks questions and helps you narrow it down to a topic you would like and provides some ideas. Some of the ideas are models and research projects, so be cautious if those are not allowed for his science fair.

5. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Apr 30, 2009

oh my gosh! This is excellent; thank you for taking the time to add the link, Fuzedfizzion.
    Truly appreciate it.

InTeacher, I appreciate your imput as well.

A million thanks to both of you! :)

6. ScienceTeacher

ScienceTeacher Rookie

May 24, 2009

To INteacher

What a simple yet beautiful idea.

Last edited: May 24, 2009