Help!! Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Buckeye, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Buckeye

Buckeye Rookie

Jun 19, 2007

I have been searching for a job for the past 3 months and have finally been offered a job by school A. I know the principal because he used to be the principal at the school I used to teach for. He got me an interview with the superintendent and school A offered me a position today. The problem is I have a second interview Friday with school B that I would much rather be teaching. I gave school A my word and said I would love to teach at their school. I do not have to sign the contract unitl Monday.

At my second interview with school B do I tell them that I have been offered a position by another school but would much rather be teaching for them? I do not want to come across as being too pushy.

Also, how do I then tell the principal from school A that I do not want the position after he got me the interview. I don't want to make him look bad but then again I have to look out for myself, right?

I am soooo confused and stressed out. What do you suggest I do?

Thanks

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 19, 2007

You gave your word.

My suggestion is to keep it.

4. teach57

teach57 Comrade

Jun 19, 2007

Yikes! You are stuck between a rock and a hard place! If you have given your word already to the school and the principal really helped you get in the door there, I say that you might be better off teaching there. You don't want to burn any bridges.

If you do decide to go to the other interview, you're going to have to lay everything out for them. It may seem pushy, but if you need an answer by Monday, it's what you are going to have to do.

Good luck in whatever you decide!