Help! 1st Day of School & my feet hurt!!

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by kinder4me, Aug 8, 2005.

1. kinder4me

kinder4me Comrade

Aug 8, 2005

Well I made it through the first day of school, but my feet are killing me. :eek: Does anyone have any suggestions are some really comfy shoes?? I want to be comfortable but also look like the teacher.

Thanks for any and all feedback!!!!!

3. teach2004

teach2004 Companion

Aug 8, 2005

I swear by my Merrells. They have some that look nice, and they are SO comfortable. Around here, Dillards carries them, but you can also buy them online. I did a search for Merrell and hundreds of entries came up. I have the Tetra slides. Hope this helps!

4. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Aug 8, 2005

5. greenfiremajick

greenfiremajick Rookie

Aug 9, 2005

As teach2004 mentions, merrell's are good and you can buy them online...ebay sells them for a lot cheaper than any other online seller i have seen....there are also clark, born, and birkenstock clogs that are really good and available on ebay as well!!

6. Irissa

Irissa Cohort

Aug 9, 2005

Oh I too will swear by my Merrells I adore them my feet never hurt. (And I use to compliain all the time) If your anywhere near the St. Augustine Outlet mall the HushPuppy there has a ton of shoes) I've had my one pair for 3 years and they still wear great and thats through school hiking moddy camping and whatnpt. I bought a new pair last week and they are great. THey have nicer and more relaxed versions.

7. MandaNicole01

MandaNicole01 Habitué

Aug 9, 2005

Birkenstock makes actual dress shoes that I wear! A little pricey but well worth the money if you are up all day on a concrete floor! Not to mention, they last for many years! Clarks aren't bad investments either. I went to a Clark outlet recently and I couldn't believe all the hips styles and colors they had! Not your typical "grandma Clarks!"

8. k bear

k bear Rookie

Aug 13, 2005

I like my Clark's. They have held up for three years.

9. kmcole4

kmcole4 Rookie

Sep 6, 2005

Aerosoles are FABULOUS!!!!

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 6, 2005

Get Support pantyhose too at least for the first few weeks- after that you'll be fine!!

11. teacher_99

teacher_99 Rookie

Sep 6, 2005

I agree though, my feet and legs are killing, up all day for the first day also today, ready for summer yet? LOL

12. mccwen

mccwen Comrade

Sep 6, 2005

Merrells and New Balance. That's what I wear. I don't care if people don't like it that I wear a "tennis shoe" everyday. (No one at my school cares, but I know other schools have stricter dress codes.) I'm on my feet all day and it's the only way I can still walk at the end of the day!

13. srh

srh Devotee

Sep 6, 2005

This may sound crazy....but I was just telling a friend I think my day went so well today because MY FEET FELT GOOD!!! I found a brand of shoes that I LOVE!!! (Here's the crazy part) Try Cobby Cuddlers at KMart. They are very inexpensive, and there are some really cute ones. I bought some black low-heeled clog type (are those called mules?) for under $20. I also have a pair of maroon loafers. They are awesomely cushioned, great, since I am on my feet absolutely all day. I am going back to see if there are any other colors!!! I haven't seen the brand at any other store...

14. Barb@Preschool

Barb@Preschool New Member

Sep 7, 2005

I was just thinking the same thing! My feet are killing me too. First paycheck I get I'm investing in some decent shoes (even if they are runners) I'll keep a pir of "nice shoes" in my car just in case I need to go out in public!

15. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Sep 7, 2005

srh, i second you on the Cobbies... they are hands down my FAVORITE shoes and THE most comfortable pairs I own... and the price is right. ;) They're pretty much only sold at Kmart... but I LOVE them!

16. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 7, 2005

Yes, the Cobbie Cuddlers are well padded and comfy. Wal Mart carries Dr. Scholls which are good inexpensive shoes.

17. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 7, 2005

About panty hose...the other day I wore my cute black dress with the little daisy on the pocket and my cute wedge sandals...well, let me tell you...don't EVER wear panty hose over slippery undies!!! At one point I was standing talking to a parent and they were down around my knees...but of course SHE was unaware!!! Just picture it! Another time I had to climb the stairs to my room and there was a parent BEHIND me and here my pantyhose were slipping further and further down around my thighs!!! BEWARE!

18. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Sep 7, 2005

haha... that's why I stick with pants so I can wear socks. ;)

19. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 8, 2005

OMG that is soooo funny Grammy Teacher. what a visual!

20. teacherchick

teacherchick Companion

Sep 8, 2005

21. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Sep 8, 2005

22. Keling9

Keling9 Companion

Sep 8, 2005

I absolutely love Sketchers mules (tennis shoes). They're super comfy! I wear them with my capris and shorts (if it's hot enough!) Some days, ya just don't care!! :)

My mother-in-law swears by birkenstock. She works in the schools too and loves them!

I know I'm still on the search for comfy shoes that are "dressy". Some days, for the sake of "cuteness" my feet have to suffer! :) Of course, if I could go barefoot, I would!