Hello People

Discussion in 'Fifth Grade' started by redjeep, Jul 27, 2007.

1. redjeep

redjeep New Member

Jul 27, 2007

I am a new 5th grade teacher. I have the HArry Wong book, but I was looking for some new, cool ideas for the frst week of school.

thanks

3. peachieteachie

peachieteachie Comrade

Jul 27, 2007

Hi and welcome! I am also a new 5th grade teacher this year. I've read the Harry Wong book and took a couple of ideas from there - especially about procedures which will be especially focused on the first week of school! I created a back-to-school PowerPoint presentation to introduce my students to the classroom rules and expectations as well as the schedule and homework policy etc.

I would really like to get to know my kids within the first week of school too. On the very first day I am giving them a survey to fill out about their favorite things, likes and dislikes, and questions about school. I am also going to have them play a game which I found in another post titled "Welcome Back Bingo" I would also like to give my students some assessments, to see what they already know and what they are struggling with. During the first week I am going to assess their fluency and give them timed mini math facts tests.

You will find lots of helpful information and great ideas all over this site. Enjoy!

4. redjeep

redjeep New Member

Jul 27, 2007

thanks, I would love to see your ppt on rules.