Hello 4th grade teachers

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by MissH225, Aug 22, 2009.

1. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Aug 22, 2009

Just wanted to introduce myself to the 4th grade board since I'm sure I'll be here a lot. Also, I wanted to explain my teaching situation this year because it's a very unique and exciting experience.

Two teachers at my school(which ps is a public academy, where students had to take a test to get in, needless to say most of the class is very very bright) are going to training this school year that will take them out of the classroom for a few weeks at a time. My job is to take over the class while they are gone. When they are in the classroom we partner teach. I am treated as a teacher. I go to all professional development (except new teacher training that is all day b/c I have to be in the classroom). get the same pay/benefits, and have a contract. At the end of the year I will be somewhere in the corporation, hopefully in my own classroom.

I am very excited for the opportunity. I will be in 2nd and 4th grade. So far I have been 2nd grade and love it. I'm sure I'll love 4th just as much. I was an general ed aide in 4th grade last school year.So I just wanted to say hi because I'm sure I'll be coming here a lot (just like you) for advice and just wanted to let you know how my school year is working!

Have a great weekend :)

3. 2inspire

2inspire Companion

Aug 22, 2009

what cool experience and welcome!

4. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Aug 22, 2009

welcome to the board!