Hello 3-Day Weekend!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 31, 2012

I get a 3-day weekend every week, but this week felt a little long & I'm glad it's over! This also ends my first full month of work since I started on Aug 1st. Although my BF & I don't live together, he visits a lot & I have this weekend to myself. In a minute, I'm going to relax with my favorite Chinese food takeout & a refreshing drink, while watching TV. I have the movie, The Back-Up Plan that I've had sitting here for ages that I still haven't watched, so I plan to get to that.

But, I have a lot of reading to do for my grad classes. I also brought home some work from work. Maybe I'll finally get to go to the gym tomorrow! I just might go to the fair on Sun night...depends on how much I get done.

What are everyone else's plans?

3. HistTchr

HistTchr Habitué

Aug 31, 2012

I'm going to a picnic at my uncle's tomorrow...that's about it! I will spend the rest of the weekend recovering from my first full week back at work.

For some reason, I had a mental block all day that we have a long weekend. I kept on mentioning to my classes what we will be doing on Monday. :huh:

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 31, 2012

I have some work to do for school--our first day is on Tuesday.

I have a lot of laundry to do--with my mother-in-law in the hospital, my husband is bringing home a lot of things from her place that need laundering. She had the flu before she went into the hospital and we want to be sure that everything is very clean before she's released.

5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 31, 2012

We're going to be getting the leftover rain from the hurricane, so it's going to be a wash on any outdoor activities. We're expected to get torrential rains. We'll get some flooding. We're in a drought, so the ground is so hard that hard rain will not penetrate the ground readily.

I'm going to see the newest Batman movie with a couple of my friends tomorrow. We're also throwing in lunch and some shopping, too.

The rest of the weekend I need to do boring stuff like dusting, laundry, and cleaning the bathroom. I do plan on going to the gym every day. I'm alternating a full workout with treadmill/elliptical. I had to take last week off due to a sinus infection. Just got back to the gym today.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 31, 2012

Have a great weekend, ms I and all! My son is getting married on Sunday... My weekend is all about that! :love:

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 31, 2012

Have a wonderful weekend czacza!!

8. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 31, 2012

As Ima said, we'll be getting lots of rain. I have work to do at school, and I'll need to take the long way around I'm sure...our roads will not be in great shape. Anyway, I have to:

First, clean like crazy. Oh, this place is a disaster because I am working so much and completely drained at the day's end.

Then, work at school...I won't spend too much time there. I'm setting a four hour limit.

Finally, relax. Finish a book.

9. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 31, 2012

My husband is working and both of our families are out of town, so it is me and the kiddos. I brought some work home and I am just so incredibly tired! If it wasn't for the kids I would lay in bed all weekend long with a book (well, my nook ;)).

10. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 31, 2012

We have a 4 day weekend. Today I did a little shopping and errands and just cleaned up the house. tomorrow we are going to a BBQ. Sunday I think will be school work day and Monday BF and I talked about going on a road trip somewhere but I have no idea where, and it's probably going to rain so I don't know what we will end up doing.

11. janlee

janlee Devotee

Sep 1, 2012

I spent the day at the Jersey shore (Bradley Beach). It was a magnificent day! Crystal clear water as well as being warm. Gentle sea breeze and a good book. I did not want to leave! Tomorrow a picnic with family and friends.

12. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Sep 1, 2012

This weekend is shaping up to be lot of fun. Friday night I went salsa dancing with some friends and danced almost all night! that was already enough fun. Tonight we're going to a Greek / Arabic club to eat yummy Greek food and dance (and watch some dancing, too). Tomorrow night I'm invited to g salsa dancing again, and then Monday I'm having lunch with a friend whom I haven't seen for a while.
    In the meanwhile I'm gonna try to make it to the gym, and go back to school shopping with daughter.

After that I'll be ready for next week :)

13. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 1, 2012

Our forecast for torrential rain didn't pan out. I'm not sure what's up, as I haven't been home all day.

We didn't get a drop of rain all day today. It was hot and steamy the whole day. I picked up two of my friends this morning, and we had lunch at Panera before catching a matinee of The Dark Knight Rises. We did a little shopping afterward. I even had time to make it to the gym after we got back in town.

It's almost 10:00, and still no rain in sight. It's also still 80 degrees and sticky. We really need rain.

I need to clean house sometime this weekend. Might just wait until Monday.

14. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 1, 2012

Ima, this morning was perfect fall-like weather. A couple of hours ago it sprinkled for, oh, maybe ten seconds. And now it's beautiful out. I know they're calling for heavy rain Monday and Tuesday.

I wasn't as productive as I planned on being today. I did make a big pot of soup, though.

15. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 1, 2012

I guess it has changed, then. It was Saturday-Monday when I watched the weather a couple of days ago. I guess I'll save my housework for Monday when I'm stuck in the house due to rain.

16. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 1, 2012

Oops, just checked. "Heavy Rain" Sunday and Monday.

17. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Sep 2, 2012

We have a 5 day weekend so it's weird to still have two days off left.

18. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Sep 2, 2012

Originally I was planning to go to the movies with my girlfriends, do some cleaning, shop for work attire (Macy's is having a HUGE sale right now. I bought some skirts for only $6) but I started sneezing around 11 a.m. Friday and had a full blown cold by the evening. so I've been laying in bed watching Season 1 of Community and Season 4 of Parks and Recreation.

My boyfriend is out of town so I'm actually kind of enjoying the down time. he's a sweet man, but if he were in town he'd be insisting he come here all day or that I stay at his house all day and I really rest best by myself in MY bed.

19. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 2, 2012

Em, I like that Community show too & have been watching it since day 1. My BF's out of town this weekend as well. I wasted all day yesterday NOT doing hardly any reading of my grad text, like I should have been! Time to get down to business today!

20. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Sep 2, 2012

I went and saw my brother, his wife, and my 3 month old nephew. Today, I meant to go to church but didn't makeit so I feel bad about that. I do want to work around the house today and tomorrow. I need help with picking out some flowers for my front porch. I want to choose something that does well in pots and can survive a ton of sun. Any ideas?

21. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2012

That sounds exactly like my weekend--except the cleaning got pushed back because the cold I was battling last week came back with a vengeance yesterday. Since I spent all day on the couch, I'm playing catch up today. I'm hoping to get school stuff and most of my household chores done today so tomorrow I can do what I want...

22. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2012

We received begonias for teacher appreciation last spring, and all of ours have gone crazy! Mine is huge, and if I put it in a bigger pot it would probably be even bigger.

Of course, you can't go wrong with mums in the fall!

23. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 2, 2012

So far it's been a lazy weekend! Yesterday did laundry and cleaned the house a bit. Tomorrow I might be going to see Def Leppard with some friends.