Heaven

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Jan 31, 2011.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jan 31, 2011

I'm interested in reading the book Heaven is For Real. It's based on a true story of a boy undergoing surgery and was able to meet Jesus and people in his family who had passed away that he wasn't told about in addition to describing what his parents were doing while he was undergoing surgery where he was under anesthesia.

Anyways, I'm a Christian but I'm trying to understand how someone can be able to see God, Heaven, etc and still be able to be alive here on Earth. I'm trying to grasp how that can happen to some people and not everyone be able to go there and come back.

I'm looking for other Christian's perspectives so if you're not a Christian then no need to reply! Thanks.

3. worrywart

worrywart Companion

Jan 31, 2011

Have you seen the show on Biography - 'I Survived Beyond and Back' ? It is very interesting!

4. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jan 31, 2011

No....was it a one time special?

5. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jan 31, 2011

That's a very interesting question. I am a Christian, but I am not sure what I think of that. Now, many Christians believe that Heaven will not actually exist until Jesus' second coming. It is said that when Heaven is referred to, it is meant in the sense that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Maybe there was something important that God wanted the boy to go back and do.

A couple of years ago my mom was real sick. She was dying. The only thing that was keeping my mom alive were machines. She hadn't been responding, so the doctor turned off the machine. But then up pops my mom. She said she needed to come back and finish business, which was to get my brother off of the paperwork that allowed him to control the money. Well, she did it and shortly passed away. Later we discovered that it was very likely that my brother was back on drugs, and in any case about 2 years later he died of a heart attack at the age of 48 (more evidence that he probably was on drugs). Now my mom never said she saw or talked to anyone, but she sure found out enough information to know my brother was up to know good, and this happened when she was unconscious, and not responding to anyone or anything. So, maybe there was something important that this boy needed that he could not get from here. Maybe.

6. Ranchwife

Ranchwife Companion

Jan 31, 2011

My grandfather, who loved Jesus with all his being, was on his death bed. Doctors were waiting for him to die. My grandfather was in a coma and all of a sudden he came out of it when my mom was sitting with him. I guess he started crying with joy and Mom asked him what was wrong. He said he saw Jesus and was overwhelmed. My mother knows in her heart, that her father saw Jesus. Apparently, after that, Grandpa was ready to die and did so a week later, after he helped one of his nurses turn back to his family and Christ. When Christ is involved, who am I to say what is possible and what isn't - with God all things are possible.

7. kalli007

kalli007 Companion

Jan 31, 2011

It comes on every Sunday night. I read about this stuff all the time - NDE's (near death experiences). There are some good websites out their with compilations of stories.