Heaven is For Real

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by kcjo13, Mar 11, 2011.

1. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 11, 2011

I am highly recommending this book, Heaven is For Real. Whether you are a believer or not, little Colton's story is uplifting and thought-provoking.

This book particularly touched me because the family is from Imperial, Nebraska, which is not far from where I live.

Excellent. Highly recommended!

3. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 12, 2011

I saw your posting on FB, went and checked it out, and just downloaded it to the Kindle. I instantly turned it off, because I have a feeling once i start reading, I won't want to stop. I have a ton of stuff to do this morning before my dad comes over. I will be reading tonight, though!

4. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Mar 12, 2011

I read it about six weeks ago...it is an amazing story. I, too, highly recommend reading it. :)

Christy, you are right...once you start, you won't be able to put it down until you finish it!! :) I read it so quickly, that when I can, I want to go back and reread it to really absorb all it has to offer.

5. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Mar 12, 2011

Just got it on my nook... I'm all alone this weekend since all my friends are out of town for spring break so I'm looking forward to some peaceful reading :)

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 12, 2011

I will definitely be checking this book out, kc! Thanks!

7. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 12, 2011

Good call! Carve out a few hours, it's a page turner (or right button clicker, as the case may be). I stayed up til 1:30 am reading it the first night I downloaded it. This did not make for a happy hubby, because I had the light on.

Sooo, the next day, I got this:

Lighted Kindle Cover

Score!

8. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 13, 2011

I wish I had seen the lighted ones before I got my regular one. It was 30 some odd bucks. Then I bought the light that fits in it for another 20 or so. I love the light, though!