Hearing Impaired Children

Discussion in 'Special Education Archives' started by ARteacher, Jan 9, 2003.

1. ARteacher

ARteacher Guest

Jan 9, 2003

I am a brand new teacher of hearing impaired children. I have 7 kids in my classroom, with 7 different ability levels. They are somewhat grouped into two groups, but in math, they are at 7 different levels.

How can I challenge each child with learning new math skills and not leave others behind?

I have two para-professionals in the room to assist.

Thanks.

3. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jan 9, 2003

Let's see... 7 kids, 3 adults, fix up a schedule where you are working with them one on one and the 4 not being worked with one on one at that time work on a project or computer on their level where they can work independently. Rotate the schedule daily.

I have preschool special education, 2 aides, 7-9 kids daily depending on the day and they are all on different levels. I basically do that. I have a plastic contain... rubbermaid or whatever about the size of a shoebox... for each child. In there I have the goals of the student taped to the lid and their work in the box. There is work that is one on one then there is work like stringing beads,buttons, spools, oreo matching shapes pieces, various simple hands on activities for them to keep one busy while I or the aides work with the others. We may have 2 on the computer during that time, too. Let yours do math computer games on rotation. We rotate who has which group every day.

Hope this helps!
    Lori