HEALTHY FUNDRASING IDEAS NEEDED

Discussion in 'General Education' started by letsteach, Mar 26, 2008.

1. letsteach

letsteach Comrade

Mar 26, 2008

I'm looking for healthy food ideas to hold a fundraising stall during morning tea and lunch breaks.

Last year we used to have a cake stall (parents baked), fruit cup and custard, pancakes, etc. However, the school is now on a health kick and I've been told a cake stall is not an option. Despite arguing that cakes/cookies are a 'sometimes' food and after 11 weeks there haven't been any, the answer is 'no' (from the Principal). I have to go away and think of something else. The only problem is, that anything else I think of is really just ME doing the hard work. Last year we had a fantastic response from the parents for a cake stall.

3. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Mar 26, 2008

Could you ask the parents to put together healthy things like veggie sticks, trail mix, homemade granola bars, fruit cups, little cups of pudding made with nonfat milk, and other snacks like that? Those are healthier options that your principal might go for.

4. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Mar 26, 2008

Mrs. R. has some good ideas.

I have to say, I know it is a pain for fundraising, but kudos to your school for making the effort.

We have a place near us that sells soft pretzels 75 for $15 and then we resell them after school. It might not be the healthiest, but better than cake?

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Mar 26, 2008

How about a trail mix stall? Have a variety of healthy small ingredients and charge 10 cents per table spoon of ingredients (or get out your school scales and charge by the weight like a salad bar).
    Ingredients:
    granola
    raisins
    craisins
    yogos (yogurt bite things)
    healthy cereals - cheerios, etc.
    popcorn
    nuts (if allowed) - sometimes sunflower seeds are allowed even if nuts aren't