Health question

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by runnerss, Oct 27, 2008.

1. runnerss

runnerss Comrade

Oct 27, 2008

I am female and I am only 25. My left hand goes numb a couple of times of week. Not completly but enough where it is uncomfortable. Also, the last couple of days my left side of my chest has been hurting. A couple of nights ago, everytime I would breathe in I would have horrible chest pain on my left side.Almost unbearable. Any thoughts? I am thinking that the hand thing is unrelated. Maybe a pinched nerve? But I am not sure about the chest pain. Any suggestions?

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 27, 2008

You're a bit young to have heart problems, but in a 50 year old man we would be suggesting a trip to the cardiologist.

I'm thinking that a visit to your doctor might not be a total waste of time or money.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 27, 2008

No matter how young you are, any kind of chest pains alone are cause for concern. See a dr.

5. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Oct 28, 2008

Many people have had undiagnosed heart issues, even in their
    20's. Don't fool around with it. Go to the doctor to be sure. My father in law had a major heart attack at 35, with no prior warnings. He ended up with brain damage and was never the same after and had to be institutionalized.

6. runnerss

runnerss Comrade

Oct 28, 2008

Oh my goodness! How horrible!

Thanks everyone for the advice. I am going to make a drs appt. tomorrow.

7. jenngugs

jenngugs Companion

Oct 28, 2008

I had horrible chest pain last year too, when I was 23. I was convinced there was something wrong with my heart, but my dr. brushed it off as a sinus infection/congestion. When I ended up in tears in the emergency room a few days later, it turns out that I had broken two ribs and pneumonia. I had broken them coughing repeatedly from my misdiagnosed case of pnuemonia.

See a doctor, even just for peace of mind.

8. MrsWbee

MrsWbee Companion

Oct 29, 2008

I have had the EXACT same symptoms for the last year. I have been to several doctors, had multiple ER trips, etc. Nobody has been able to figure anything out :(

I hope that your doctor can come up with an answer!! And if s/he does, please pass some info my way!!!!

9. MrsWbee

MrsWbee Companion

Oct 29, 2008

Actually, my above post is not entirely true. They DID find that my blood ammonia levels were extremely elevated (to the point that they were concerned about brain damage). They never found out what was causing that, though, or how *exactly* it was related. After about two months following that diagnosis, it went back to normal and I've been feeling just fine. This week, all of the symptoms have returned :(

Are you experiencing any dizziness? Memory loss?