Head Start AM and PM Sessions?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by MimiBee, Nov 9, 2007.

1. MimiBee

MimiBee Companion

Nov 9, 2007

Is anyone out there a part of a Head Start program that provides AM and PM sessions? Our administrator was in here brainstorming ideas with us for next year's program and I am needing to know if anyone out there does this and if so, are meals provided for each session?

I've read about other programs doing split sessions in which meals are not provided but need to know if there are any HEAD STARTs that do this.

Thanks!

3. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Nov 9, 2007

The Head Start classroom on our university campus does half days M-Th. Morning has breakfast, Afternoon has lunch, and I believe that both have a snack.

4. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Nov 9, 2007

I was a food service supervisor for a Head Start that was am/pm. We served 2 lunches. Teachers ate both.

5. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2007

I taught HS for 7 years and I did am and pm sessions. The kids had a morning breakfast and lunch in the am session. Then the pm session had a lunch and snack. So both groups had 2 meals. I think it is law.

6. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel Comrade

Nov 9, 2007

I worked at Head Start with two half day sessions. Morning kids got breakfast and lunch, afternoon kids had lunch and snack. We were supposed to eath with the kids. I ate so much in those days.

7. LittleDuckie

LittleDuckie Rookie

Nov 10, 2007

My school has 1 VPK room with AM and PM classes. It seems to work great, the AM's eat a morning snack and lunch while the PM's only eat an afternoon snack. The teacher and I were actually talking about it on Friday she said she thought it would be harded with the PM class coming in mid day but she said they are actually easier then the AM class.

8. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Nov 10, 2007

I agree!

9. MimiBee

MimiBee Companion

Nov 13, 2007

Thanks for the input everyone!