Hawaii

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by YoungTeacherGuy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Mar 17, 2020

My partner and I are supposed to go to Hawaii during Spring Break. We've had it planned for a few months. I feel guilty talking about vacation considering our current state of affairs. Thoughts?

3. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Mar 17, 2020

Several large Hawaii attractions are closing temporarily to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Some major ones are:
    • Pearl Harbor National Memorial – including USS Arizona Memorial
    • Polynesian Cultural Center
    • Hanauma Bay, popular Oahu snorkeling site is closed.
    • Kualoa Ranch
    • Haleakala National Park is open, however sunrise viewing from the summit and all visitor centers are closed.
    • Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is open, however Kilauea Visitor Center is closed.
    In a press conference on March 15, 2020, the governor of Hawaii, Ige, said, “We do believe that the virus is now spread across the United States,” Ige said. “We again encourage people to cancel non-essential travel.”

But if you go, it will probably be the least crowded you will ever see in Hawaii. Whatever you decide, best wishes!

4. Aces

Aces Habitué

Mar 17, 2020

On the one hand I’d say stay at home. But on the other, I’d say go because I imagine the local economy is going to need the boost.

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 18, 2020

Don't feel guilty. We're all human. There are lots of things that we all are feeling disappointed about. I whined to my husband last night about having to cancel my birthday dinner with my friend. We'll get over it.