Haven't Seen My Room

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by pmoonelove1, Aug 13, 2007.

1. pmoonelove1

pmoonelove1 New Member

Aug 13, 2007

School resumes on 8/27 and I am still unable to see my new room. I called the school this morning to see if I would be able to go in and see my room and I was told that the maintenance crew is working in the 1st grade wing today and tomorrow and I would be able to go by on Wednesday. So, then I asked if I could go pick up curriculum so I can start on lesson planning and I was told I would have to wait on that until Wednesday as well. As a new teacher, I am extremely anxious that I will not be prepared for the first day of school on 8/27. Is there anyone out there that is this behind? :help:

3. BabyAngel

BabyAngel Rookie

Aug 13, 2007

Yes. I don't have a classroom, but the building is closed this week, so I can't start setting up my "hallway" until next week. I have a basic idea how many students I'll have. I have a basic idea of what subjects I'm teaching, but boy, I'm dropping from 7th to K-2, so I feel like I'm way out of my league here and I don't even know what my kids will be able to do. You're not the only one who feels like they're in over their heads! LOL! We'll get through it. I've survived 7 years of teaching so far, these tiny little beings probably won't kill me either..

4. love_reading

love_reading Comrade

Aug 13, 2007

That's how I was last year...don't worry you'll make it. There was a teacher in our building hired the NIGHT before school at 5:00 pm. She worked until midnight to get her room ready...was it perfect? No, but really the kids don't care/notice. As long as you get the basic things ready that they need (lessons plans, desks, nametags) the rest can wait until you have more time. You might be putting in some really long days before school, but it's doable! Good luck!!