have you used Handwriting Without Tears??

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by maggie123, Aug 2, 2012.

1. maggie123

maggie123 Rookie

Aug 2, 2012

I am considering using it for my classroom. If you have used it- What did you like about it? or dislike? Do you use the whole program, or just parts of it? How easy is it to implement?

3. beckyeduk8er

beckyeduk8er Comrade

Aug 2, 2012

We use it and I really like it. We build with the wood pieces, use the roll a dough and magnetic life's. I am allergic to chalk so I don't do the wet dry try. I also use a lot of the music. We only buy workbooks for our students who be going to kinder the next year. My students love building Mat Man. I also really like the flip crayons.

4. imanashhole

imanashhole Companion

Aug 2, 2012

yes...i love the wooden pieces. once i taught the kids how to use it, i let them use the pieces as a center on the carpet..at first they just made designs but eventually they moved to making letters all on their own. the music is great...i HATE wet dry try, lol...but again just because you order a program doesn't mean you have to follow it to a t. Take what you like and use it, modify the stuff you're not crazy about.

5. TerriInCa

TerriInCa Companion

Aug 2, 2012

I used it at my child care center for 5 years. All the teachers loved it. I love it! It is an amazing program. I had a teachers who used the program with gifted 2 year olds at it had them writing their name before they turned 3! With 4 year olds it teaches the letter formation it a way their brain works. I will be using it in my 2nd grade class with any students I have that are behind in their writing skills.

6. maggie123

maggie123 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012

Thanks for the comments. No one here or elsewhere has said they didn't like it.