Have You Experienced the Paranormal?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 30, 2008

Since Halloween's coming up, does anyone have any paranormal experiences to share, witnessed any ghosts or strange goings-ons, stayed at any haunted places, etc., now or ever?

I've never had any kind of paranormal experiences & hope I never do in my lifetime. That kind of stuff gives me the creeps! The only places I've been to (just walking around there) that's known to be haunted is the Queen Mary, the Hotel Del Coronado, & I saw Alcatraz from a distance. Didn't witness anything strange personally. I was steps away from the outside of one of the most haunted places in America, the Whaley House, but I'm not interested in going in there, even during the day.

3. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Sep 30, 2008

I don't believe in any of that kind of stuff, and I'm generally very cynical, but I will tell you honestly that when I went to Gettysburg, I could feel the spirit of those men there. It was tangible. It made me weep.

4. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Sep 30, 2008

I sure have! When my grandmother died she kept on visiting me. At first I thought I just kept waking up from a dream. Went on for weeks. Then one day my mom (I still lived at home) mentioned that she was experiencing the same thing. If my mom hadn't said anything I probably would have thought it was just a dream. But i really remember seeing her before I fell a sleep. It was really strange but I never felt scared. After a few weeks she was gone.

5. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Sep 30, 2008

Yes...several things have occured.

Not sure I should tell you, but since you all probably think I'm nuts anyway...

Here's the first. It happened to friends of our family while at our house. I was about 13 or 14.

My mother and father and two of their friends are playing cards in an alcove that has windows. The woman friend looks up and suddenly exclaims that she's seen a ghost. My mother and father and her boyfriend tease her. She gets very quiet and tries to change the subject.

Mom, Dad, and boyfriend ask her to say what she saw. She describes a whitish substance shimmering down the window from the top to the bottom. They try to convince her that it was a car light. She insists it was a ghost. She smiles at them, doesn't get upset, just insists it was a ghost.

Two hours later, there is a knock at the door and the boyfriend's friend is at the door. Tells him that his father just passed away two hours ago.

Seriously happened.

The girlfriend and the boyfriend got married, and have been friends of the family for many years. There have been lots of incidences with her, and we are all convinced now that she does have some kind of paranormal rapport with the spirit world.

I'll post another incident later.

More to come....I'll save them for the month of October.:)

6. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

Sep 30, 2008

Yes. My Great-Grandfather stands over my right shoulder at all times. He used to stand over my Grandpa's right shoulder, until, when I was 4, I asked my Mom who the man standing behind Grandpa was, and described my Great-Grandpa - who died in 1925 (and I'm in my 20s), since then, he's stood behind me.

I have also spent the night in Pasqua Lodge at Fort San. Do that before you tell the paranormal doesn't exist!

7. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 30, 2008

OOOOH, I love this sort of stuff, even though, I'm bit of a skeptic. I only have one little story. When I was around 12, my family moved to a new home, in a new city. I was sleeping on my dad's side of the bed because I was having a real hard time sleeping in my room. For about a month or more, I just couldn't sleep, so I slept in my parent's room for a few days. My dad slept on the couch. Well, one night, I woke up, wide awake. I laid in bed for a while, when I saw the lights in my parent's bathroom turn on by themselves. Not only did they turn on, but they were a deep blue. They glowed brightly for a while, then dimmed, then glowed brightly for a while again, then dimmed. This went on for a while, until it finally turned all the way off. I wanted to get out of the room or wake up my mom, but I was like stiff, I was too afraid to move. All I could was just lay there and watch. We moved out of the house after a few months. I have joked around that I have some sort of mischievous ghost following me around because I've had things weird, unexplainable things happen to me. I hate to be alone. I have to have someone with me or else I feel very odd.

8. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Sep 30, 2008

I've had several experiences. Some I'm willing to share, but some I'm not. One of the more benign experiences happened when my oldest son was a little over a year old. My oldest ds had seizure issues for the first couple of years of his life, and one of my cats was super sensitive to them. She would "tell" me he was about to have one 15-30 minutes before it would start. So, one night, Gertrude "informed" me of an impending seizure in the usual way (hissing at me, biting at my leg and darting back and forth between ds1 and me), so I got up to go wait at ds1's bedroom door. In order to get there, I had to go through the dining room and living room and as I passed the living room I looked toward the couch and something caught my eye. I kept going to check on my son, but after confirming that a seizure hadn't started yet, I went back to check out what was on the couch. When I got there, it was a little boy, as real as could be, sitting there, wearing jeans and a red and white t-shirt playing with a wooden toy airplane. I stared at the spot, not believing what I was seeing and the boy just looked at me. I wasn't there for more than 5 seconds and then I heard noises from ds's bedroom and I left to attend to him. We moved a few months after that (not because of that, but because we were moving to the house I currently live in), but the woman who rented, then bought that house tells me she "feels" things in the house all the time, though she's never seen anything.

9. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Sep 30, 2008

All my life!!! I have seen ghosts. When I was about 10 years old I saw in what I thought was a dream a plane crash with family friends on the plane. I told my mom who let me talk and then sent me back to bed. The next day we found out that the family friends had taken their plane out and crashed killing the entire family.

That type of thing happens to me all the time. We have lived in many different houses since I had kids of my own and every house has ghosts that make themselves known to us. So far none have been bad ghosts. Also since I was little my grandparents visit me. Now for regular people that would not fit here but my grandmother died when my mother was 10 yrs old and my grandfather died a year before I was born.

My own daughter who is 16 yrs old has seen ghosts since she was little. One of my favorite cousins fell in the Grand Canyon in 1987 and died. I painted an abstract picture of him in 1989. It always hangs in our house. My daughter at the age of two was in front of the picture having a conversation. I asked her what she was talking about and she informed me that cousin Brian was telling her a story about how he fell in the Grand Canyon and died. He died 6 years before she was born and I had not told her how he had died.

My kids and I have been to the Hotel Del Coronado, the Winchester Mansion and the Whaley House. At the Hotel Del Coronado we did not experience anything. But at both of the others my daughter saw people. At the Winchester Mansion she saw what workers think was the ghost of the owner. At the Whaley house, we are not sure who she saw.
    The other place both my daughter and I have seen ghosts is the Naval Post Graduate School. In the main building we both saw a man sitting and reading a paper with an article about the sinking of the Titanic. He was in an old 1900's style suit and told us about how tragic the sinking was. as we turned to tell my ex-husband about the man he vanished. No one else saw this man.

We actually think it is cool. We do however wish we had some control over it. My son who does not see ghosts always wishes he could.

10. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Sep 30, 2008

Yarnwoman...my middle son is very sensitive to these types of things. One day as we were driving to a doctor's appt he suddenly got upset and grew very concerned about bridges collapsing. He was particularly focused on what would happen if a bridge fell down and there was a school bus full of children on the bridge. After assuring him that bridges don't fall down very often, but on the slim chance one did, emergency crews would do everything they could for the people involved he calmed down slightly, but couldn't let go of that school bus full of children. When I got to the doc's office, they had a tv on and the first thing I see is the story of the MN bridge collapse. My son was freaking out at the exact moment the bridge was collapsing...with a school bus full of children on it.

11. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Sep 30, 2008

It is freaky when that happens. I am very glad now at 43, that my mom and relatives let me talk about things I saw and checked into the ones they could. I have done the same with my daughter.

make sure your son knows it makes him special and the best thing he can do is to go with the flow and not try to block things out. I find if you try to block things out it only makes it worse. Kind of like when a song gets stuck in your head.

12. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 30, 2008

Wow... has he every done anything else like this?

13. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Sep 30, 2008

I've had wierd occurences all my life, though nothing as specific as that, so I'm pretty open to what he has to say. When he comes to me to tell me about "bad dreams", my usual response is to pray with him about the people in the dreams. In my opinion, it both validates what he's seeing and feeling, yet gives him a way to not feel so powerless if he's seeing something sad.

14. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Sep 30, 2008

Not quite like that, but he has "dreams", which are frighteningly accurate. He's also pretty sensitive to people. For example, one day he got really insistant that I call my sister who lives in LA. He doesn't ask very often, but it was only 9am our time, so I put him off. By 10am, he was getting very upset, so in spite of my better judgement, I called my sister (she's NOT a morning person, and LA is 3 hours behind me). She picked up the phone on the first ring but was in tears. Her beloved dog had just died and she was trying to get somebody over to her house to help move him (he was a st. brenard mix).

He's had dreams about accidents and illnesses and pregnancies as well, though nothing quite as spectacular as the bridge incedent.

15. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Sep 30, 2008

When i was in about 9th grade I was at a party. We were in this upstairs room in the third story of someone's house. They had these big windows that faced a lake and the woods. We were making a video for a friend who moved away when someone noticed some strange object in the sky. It was triangular and covered in lights. It went down at a 90 degree angle, then shot out at a 45 degree angle to the left, then to the right in a straight line. Another one appeared and then they had identical movements. They both went down again 90 degrees and straight up and away from our vision. It was totally not moving like any helicopter or airplane. They moved very, very fast and quicker than any plane or helicopter would move so near the ground.

The thing that always struck me as weird was we had 2 video cameras IN THE ROOM and they had been on and in use. I'm not even sure we turned them off when we saw the thing, however, we were all so mesmerized that we didn't even think to get it on camera. Later we all wondered why no one would have had the camera and suggested it, but we were all in a huge daze watching the flying objects.

There were probably 7-8 of us and we all saw it. Later we called a UFO hotline (yes what dorks we were) and they said others had seen it as well.

And, no, none of us were drinking or doing any kind of drugs!

The other time was when I "knew" my sister had died, It was strange that her dying was the first thing that occurred to me, but not so strange in that when I got home my room mate had put a note on my door that my parents wanted me to meet them at my sister and her husband's house which was about 1 and a half hours from their house. That was suspicious, but it was weird to me that I suddenly knew she was dead. It was a car crash, so nothing I could have expected! I still don't know if I just put two and two together with the weird note (and no phone call) or if it was some sort of connectedness thing. Certainly nothing SINCE then regarding my sister has been psychic or anything!

16. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 30, 2008

Wow! He seems to have a gift. When I was in my teens, I also used to have tons of dreams that were pretty accurate. Slowly, the older I got, the less the dreams "came true". But, I did dream what my house looked like (the one with the lights in my other post). I knew what the kitchen and living room looked like before I had even seen it. We moved over 6 hours away and never saw the house until the day we moved into it.

17. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 1, 2008

I'm eager to read your stories, but it's pretty late here & I don't want to get spooked out at this hour! I hate that eerie feeling I get at times when I watch a TV show about ghosts or read stories when it's at night, especially when I'm the only one awake in the house. Will read tomorrow!

18. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Oct 1, 2008

I haven't had an thing happen but my brother who has Downs has said things that was just really out of the blue and about things he'd have no clue about. He talks about our great grandmother who died when my mom was a teen. He talked about papa (mom's dad) sitting on his bed several times after papa died. I don't know if any of you know who Vestal Goodman is (part of the Happy Goodman gospel quartet/family). Anyway, he is big on the Gaither Gospel video and Vestal is always on there. He always talked about Vestal coming to visit him. Well, the day after Vestal died, I asked if Vestal came to see him last night and he said no... But Elvis did. LOL So, something are so out there that you can't believe it but things like great-grandmother details he wouldn't know about and papa sitting on his bed, are believable. Vestal, maybe. Elvis, I doubt it.

I do love to watch Paranormal State and Ghost Hunters. I like to see what evidence they come up with.

19. Shanoo

Shanoo Habitué

Oct 1, 2008

Not long ago, I was having some drinks with a couple of friends at a local pub known to be haunted. We were fooling around with a camera and one of the guys snapped at picture of me with his phone. I remember in the second or two it took to load, i grabbed my camera and snapped a pic of them just as the picture popped up on the screen. I got a shot of their reaction to seeing the pic of me, complete with ghost standing behind me. It's a really cool picture, actually.

Also, I'm sure my grandfather was with us the night he died. He died on the way home from a retirement party with my grandmother. He was taken to the hospital and my mom and grandma went with the paramedics. When they got home, the three of us were sitting on the couch talking about what had happened and debating whether or not my grandpa had had anything to drink that night. We were chuckling about how he probably had when suddenly the top of a waterbottle that was sitting on the counter flew up in the air and hit the floor. We're sure that we had screwed it on tight and that it was grandpa's way of telling us that he, in fact, HADN'T been drinking. :)

Shortly after he died, my sister graduated from high school and she was upset that he couldn't be there to see her. A few weeks after grad, she had a dream where she was walking through the halls of our high school. She turned a corner and grandpa was sitting on the floor in front of her locker. He told her that he had been to see her graduate and that he was proud of her. He had also seen her at prom and that she looked beautiful.

I had a similar dream about him after I got married, though not as vivid as my sister's.

I totally believe in this type of thing and LOVE hearing about it!!

20. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 1, 2008

Sorry you feel this way. So, if you NEVER like being alone, that would mk things rather difficult at times, right because we all hv to be alone at some point or another?

You said there are some stories you're NOT willing to share. C'mon, spill! :D This story here though is scary! :unsure:

21. becky

becky Enthusiast

Oct 1, 2008

The church lady in me calls all this demonic, lol! Once we're gone, we're gone. We don't get to come back. I wish sometimes that we could..

My dream is scary just a little. Way before I had Kevin,my first child, I dreamed I was walking my 'son' out the lane to catch the school bus. I was carrying a basket of laundry!! My 'son' had brown hair and brownish eyes, like my Kevin! Now, the freaky part- after my 'son' got on the bus and the bus drove up the road, a car flew into our lane, hit me, and threw me into the air. Laundry went everywhere, lol. Guess who turned out to have a car like the one that hit me? Kevin's bio father....

22. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Oct 1, 2008

Reading this stuff is giving me chills! We were just talking about this at work today too. I THINK I saw a ghost one time. It was in the middle of the night and I don't know if I was dreaming or not but it seemed very real to me. My husband noticed I was talking in the middle of the night but I guess he figured I was talking in my sleep! He believes me though that it might have been a ghost! I watch all those shows on tv like A Haunting (hubby LOVES to TIVO that one), Ghost Hunters and Paranormal State. They all freak me out but I keep on watching them :eek:

23. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

Oct 1, 2008

My parents bought an old farm in the Smokeys a few years ago - complete with an old farm house. They salvaged the boards they could out of the farm house and burned the rest. They took pictures of the deconstruction of the house. In one of them, my b-i-l is standing near a wall and there is a figure in the window beside him. They removed the house because it was where they wanted to build their house.
    They have been living there for five years now and my mom reports on all the weird things that are going on. The house is on a hill and the front deck has a flight of 12 steps up to it. She was up at 5:30 one morning and heard someone stomping up the steps. She rushed to the door to see who it was and no one was there. She said this has happened several times.
    Dad had gone to work and she ate some breakfast and went back to bed - she works late nights. When she got up later, there was a 5 pound bag of flour in the middle of the coffee table in the living room.
    We were standing in the dining room talking one evening. There is a cross-stitched picture on the wall in the hallway. It has our last name on it and a poem about how the best thing you can leave your children is your unsoiled name. The picture fell off the wall. When I went to pick it up, the hanger had been pulled out of the frame and was laying on the back of the frame with the nails still in it.
    Mom had cooked scrambled eggs for everyone for dinner a couple of weeks ago. She put all the eggs on a Corelle plate and it was on the counter. They all got their eggs and went into the living room to eat - movie night. They were almost done and heard a loud crack from the kitchen. My brother went in there and the plate was still on the counter - broke in half.
    My mom said she doesn't mind a ghost, but when she starts breaking her stuff, they are going to have a problem.

24. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

Oct 1, 2008

As a child, I had numerous experiences. I remember waking up from dreams where I was speaking with dead people. One time I woke up and my room smelt like it was literally on fire, that someone's flesh was burning off. At the foot of my bed, I saw the man that was in my dreams. I screamed murder and ran out. I remember spending many nights in the living room with the lights on. I saw shadows move randomly and would hear faint things at times. I thought I was going crazy. One time it happened at church, which freaked me out quited a bit. Another time, friend and I were playing with the Ouija Board and speaking with the spirits of the deceased. We angered one a lot and the pointer moved wildly around the board. Then, all the lights in that room blew, the lamps, the lights on the ceiling fan, the night light. We ran out of the room as fast as we could, only to discover that everything else in the house worked. Things only got scarier after that. I couldn't handle what I was seeing and hearing and learned how to tune it out. Now, I try to completely ignore things. It seems to work.

Still, I tend to get premonitions whenever someone in the family is about to become deathly sick or when they are about to die. These have never gone away. These people haven't shown symptoms prior to that I am aware of, at least. I knew before anyone else that my Dad had something terribly wrong with. I begged him to go to the doctor even though he felt fine. Three weeks later, he began to throw up daily. It turned out he had stage 4 cancer. He bounced back from it, but I had this nagging thought in the back of my mind that it wasn't over. The second time he had cancer, I discovered it when we were at church. While everyone else was praying and I was wondering why I was wasting my time there, I saw blackness envelop his stomach area. I told him again to go to the doctor, but when I saw that blackness I knew that he wouldn't come back from this one. It turned out once again that he had stage 4 cancer, but stomach cancer. :( He had six months to live and most of those months were spent in agony. He spent the last months in delerium from the pain as the morphine no longer worked. We only hoped he did not realize that he was in pain.

These have happened to be numerous times with people and with animals. So, for me, it is not a very happy feeling when I get these sensations and blurry images.

People can believe these things or not. It makes no difference to me. The only thing that saddens me greatly is knowing when someone close to me is deathly ill or going to die soon. I hate knowing before they know. What makes things worse is that it terrifies me that I might know what happens to my husband before it happens. I try to block things out, but I can't block the sensations. I hate them at times. At other times, I find comfort in the fact that I've already had some time to get used to things. I'm not devastated at funerals like others. For me, I've already been to the funeral for weeks or months.

25. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Oct 1, 2008

This may not be paranormal, but rather some auditory/olfactory memory for me .... I bought my g-parents home after they died to keep it in the family (and to live in, too). As a child, my family came to this house every sunday at 4pm for a family dinner. Now, approximately 10 years since we've had Sunday dinners here, on Sundays if I hear the windchimes (that have been here for 15 years) I automatically smell my gma's roast beef and gravy. It is SOOO real.

My gpa (I called him Boe) died in this house. I'd LOVE a visit from him.

I'm recently married and my husband now lives here, of course. A few months ago my husband was working in the yard, wearing a ball cap. I had been to the market and as I pulled in the driveway and saw my husband, my first thought was, "there's Boe." It took several seconds before I realized it wasn't my (deceased) gpa, but my husband. My mom and aunts see a TON of similiarities between my husband and my gpa. I guess I do, too.

26. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 1, 2008

I have a few experiences.

1) I'm not sure if I was just dreaming, but I think it was right after waking up from sleep in the middle of the night. I looked at the foot of the bed to see my 2 great uncles (dad's side of the family), my grandma, and my great grandma(mom's side of the family) standing there looking and smiling at me. I got this immediate sense of peace and went right back to sleep. All of them, save my great grandma, had died in the past two years prior to this experience.

2)Some friends and I were at my house. We decided to try a senance(sp?). We were trying to call a friend's grandpa that had owned w/ his wife a mechanic's garage. One day he was working on a car with his wife's help. It was up on a lift when the phone rang. He told his wife to go get the phone. During the conversation, she heard the lift crash and ran back to her husband who was crushed under the car and died. During the senance, we could all see the same scene and when we got the point where the phone rang, the house phone actually rang. And it was someone that would never be calling MY house.

3)After my mom died, we were coming back from her graveside service (more than an hour away from the house). The skies had been overcast and cloudy all day and on our way home, there was a small patch of sky that was as clear as could be, and I could "see" my mom through that hole, was filled with a sense that she had made it to heaven and she was going to be okay.

Ever since her death, when I am really down, its like I can see and hear her with me telling me that everything is going to be okay.

corps-I wouldn't want those sensations at all. How scary!

27. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Oct 1, 2008

My husband doesn't believe in any of this stuff even though my parents, sister, and I have all had strange experiences in my parents' house.

1) My sister and father (mostly my sister) have seen a couple of men who hang out in the living room. They sometimes run past us, or they'll walk quickly. Both say that the men will not look at you, and my sister says that it's because they think that if they're not looking at us, that we can't see them. I've felt a breeze in my house before, as though someone ran past me.

2) My parents' house used to belong to my grandparents, and we lived with them for a while when my family moved to PA. Anyway, there was this lamp in the living room that was hard to turn on. Occasionally it would turn on by itself. Also, my grandmother had antique music boxes... out of nowhere (and at any time) they would start playing.

3) The summer after I graduated from college I developed a VERY bad cold: severe congestion, sore throat, bad cough, I think I had an ear infection, and I had a hard time breathing due to my asthma acting up. One night I woke up and saw this translucent women-- all in white-- at the foot of my bed. She bent over and blew me a kiss-- I could actually feel it on my face, too! I FREAKED and quickly pulled the covers over my head. (Because, you know, that'll keep a ghost away... :p). I managed to fall back asleep and woke up the next morning PERFECTLY healthy. There was literally no sign that I had been so sick. That's the only story my skeptic husband can't explain, because he knew how sick I was, though he still doesn't believe there was a woman at the end of my bed. After all, I "see" bugs all the time when I'm sleeping.

4) A few days before I graduated from college, I was cleaning my room (I lived at home my senior year) and getting ready to meet up with some of my friends. My TV turns on by itself. I walk over to turn it off, and it turns itself off before I get to it. So I go back to what I'm doing and the TV turns on again... then turns off... then it rapidly starts turning itself off and on. I'm not freaked out, oddly enough, but I finally got fed up and yelled, "STOP IT!" Well, it stopped. I joke that it was probably the p-o'd ghost of the huge disgusting spider I killed in my room the previous night. :p

My favorite story:
    5) My mom had two solid glass angel figurines that she named after me and my sister. (I want to say they were from Murano, Italy.) One day my sister was being particularly bratty to my mom and the halo fell off of her angel. :toofunny: Like I said, these were solid glass figurines that were formed in one piece-- there was no way the halo could have fallen off, unless Someone was trying to tell my sister something.

28. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 1, 2008

:rofl: This one is too funny! I hope your sister learned her lesson. :)

29. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Oct 2, 2008

The night before Pope John Paul II died, I had a freaky dream about him passing away. A few weeks before my bf's grandmother died...I just KNEW it would be on my birthday.

Also...this isn't a ghost dream...but it was still VERY weird...

When I was in HS I was grounded from the computer for chatting...haha...and my parents hid the mouse, so i couldn't navigate around. I had a dream that they put it in a desk drawer, and when I woke up...I went down and checked...sure enough there it was!

When I was in my 2nd year of college...still at home...I woke up to my bed shaking, and the angel bell on top of the bedpost ringing...i opened my eyes, and saw a dark silhouette of a man leaning over my bed...then it seemed to stand upright and disappeared.

When my family was out of town...one night I was downstairs watching tv with my dog....she suddenly started looking at the kitchen and growling. I swear I heard the faucet turn on in the sink...i went to go check...and there was nothing. She stopped growling, but kept staring at the kitchen. Freaked me out. I closed all the blinds on the windows and slept with the lights on...lol!

30. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Oct 2, 2008

That's weird...when I went to the theatre where Lincoln was shot I was trying to imagine the chaos....

I really don't like reading these...they kinda freak me out.

I'll tell my two weird things. One week after my neighbor passed away the phone rang 1 time at the same time she called the week before for me to watch her other 2 kids....

After my FIL passed we were talking about him & the TV went out with no one touching the TV or remote. Nothing else blinked just the TV... weird.

31. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Oct 2, 2008

Although I haven't had any experiences, I do like reading about other people's. I live in a town that just (last night) had the Ghost Hunters visit a large hotel (Vinoy Renaissance) and had several interesting happenings. I am tempted to go spend the night with hubby and see if WE have interesting happenings-with the paranormal, I should say. I LOVE Ghost Hunters. IF you don't believe in the paranormal, watching that show will change your mind.

32. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Oct 2, 2008

Some nights my dog will bark at NOTHING! We have no idea what he's barking about. My hubby just says, "Don't worry it's only a ghost". :eek: UMMMM I hope not!

33. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Oct 2, 2008

I've got a ton of stories...I'll do like someone else, and post every now and then...

First of all, our new house is built on some old land that was homesteaded by a family that still lives around here. In the middle of construction, some of the family came out and asked if they could spread some ashes of one of their ancestors who lived there first. We said sure-what do you say to that? So they did, and now we live with Colonel Dinwiddy wandering around!

More to come...

34. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008

Continuing the story of the girlfriend who saw the ghost while playing cards....

I'll call her Margery, and him Ben. They get married, and they want to start a family. They try and try, go to fertility experts, etc., but nothing...

Five years or so pass.

Margery learns about a doctor spirit who had passed away forty years ago. His name is Dr. Greg (almost his name). Margery visits a person who communicates with the dead and together they go into a trance and talk to Dr. Greg.

Dr. Greg tells Margery. to follow his directions explicitly and he will help her. He tells her to boil some cabbage, strain the juice out, and add all these other things (can't remember what all), and then bury it in a jar in the back yard. Dr. Greg says that he will add something to it. She is to dig it up in two weeks at a particular time and drink it. :spitwater:

Margery is so desperate for a child that she decides to do it. Her husband Ben thinks it's pretty funny and teases her. (We're all listening to her tell this story to us and making awful faces. None of us can believe she drank it.)

My mom looks at Margery and says, "Oh, my gosh! You're pregnant!" Yes, she was.

Margery and Ben went on to have six children. She's consulted Dr. Greg on many occasions, and he has "visited" their family and healed them of various problems.

Margery has become a medium now between Dr. Greg and others who have medical problems.

So far, what I've told you could be explained by coincidence and the power of prayer or wishful thinking.

I'm going to tell you about two cases the next time I visit. One has medical records at Emory to prove what happened; the other I saw with my own eyes.....

35. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 2, 2008

Does anyone live close to Lizzie Borden's house that's now a bed & breakfast/museum? One can probably really sense ghosts there! :eek:

36. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Oct 2, 2008

My sister is a Nursing Assistant going to school to get her Nursing degree. Anyway, she works in a different city now but when she worked in our city she would have dreams about before her patients died and then they did. Or she would dream they coded and then they did. A few people she has told call it a "gift from God".

37. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Oct 2, 2008

OK... now I'm waiting for more from shouldbeasleep!!!

38. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Oct 2, 2008

I'm not going to be able to sleep after reading these!!!!!!!!!

39. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 3, 2008

Someone must have more stories!

40. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Oct 3, 2008

We have a little boy, older man and a black cat ghosts.

We actually some how got a picture of the little boy.

41. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Oct 3, 2008

OK. I want to see that pic!! Do share!!!!!