Have you ever thought about quitting teaching for another job?

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by amarie, Jan 13, 2008.

1. traeh

traeh Companion

Jan 24, 2008

master pre-k.. what kind of non-profit? where did you work?

2. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jan 24, 2008

I worked as a Head Start teacher for several programs. Won't name names, but most were small, ethnic-based parent/child/infant programs. There were things in place for housing, food pantries, and low income housing. The child care centers were either on site or in the housing projects, or independent sites that stood alone.

Many local child care centers began to get news of the federal/state funding for Head Start programs. They paid very well, and because they were part of large system, they offered good benefits too.

Problem is, they have too many cliches, and can be downright mean and nasty. they get the worse people, and management is afraid to fire them, because they are so desparate for people.

it is a continual turnover.

Some work 10 months, and others work year round. Most only have 1/2 day programs, and others have full tday, unil 5:30pm.

I tell you, all the crapola they got public school pre-k teachers doing, makes me wanna go to a two year old room!

3. lxguy

lxguy Rookie

Jan 27, 2008

I used to think about quitting teaching for another job when I began to teach.But now I seldom think about that.