Have you ever refused to let a child come to your class room?--vent

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by keep_smiling, Sep 23, 2008.

1. keep_smiling

keep_smiling Rookie

Sep 23, 2008

Sounds harsh I know...All children are inocent!!!

........But their parents aren't

I think I am going to be getting a girl in my class and I do not want anything to do with her mother. There are very few people in this world that I do not care for. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but this mother is something else.

I told my director that I went through h*[[ when I taught her older sister I do not want to do it again. this is a private childcare center and I teach the preschool program. Its not a school district.

She shows up 1-2 or 3 hrs late, sits and watches me teach, tells me and the director what I am doing wrong (because she went to college for teaching). takes over my class. Brings me things to teach. Tells the whole town that we all sit on our fat a**es and dont do anything except when the director is there--Wrong--I love what I do. I interact with the children all day--except when they are sleeping :)

I've said it before and I will say it again. The director has $$ in her eyeballs. Therefore whatever this mother says is done. It makes me feel I dont have any back up from the director at all.

I told the director at the begining of the school year if this little girl is signing up for preschool I will step down from my 11 year position and go to the baby room. I dont want to deal wit this parent. She said no way I dont want you to do that. We will work this out you will not have to talk to her we will intercept for you.

Then this girl went to head start--things arent working out there and she was asking me questions about the preschool program.

I love this little girl she is a sweetheart--dont get me wrong it is not the girls fault at all.

Can I refuse to deal with a parent?:help:

3. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Sep 23, 2008

Gee, I can't imagine why things aren't working out at the Head Start! :rolleyes:

If the girl does get enrolled in your preschool classroom, I would make it very clear to the director that she will need to follow through on her promise to keep this mother OUT of your classroom and away from you.

If the director does not keep her promise to intervene, go to the baby room for the rest of the year and have fun cuddling the wee little ones. :)

4. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Sep 24, 2008

If you are a licensed day care, I doubt you can refuse to enroll a child. If you are a preschool only, I don't know. But, your director sounds like she is supporting you. I had a parent like this, and when she would call me, I would remind her that she had to talk with the director, not me.

5. michelleann27

michelleann27 Cohort

Sep 24, 2008

I agree

6. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 24, 2008

ugh; you have my sympathy. I'm dying to see what the other teachers say...because I am going to be in your exact position next year.

7. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 24, 2008

question: Are you the only teacher? can she be placed in another class?

8. keep_smiling

keep_smiling Rookie

Sep 25, 2008

I am the only teacher.

UPDATE... So far she has not joined my classroom. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Thanks for your support, when I first posted this I thought you all where going to think I was the nastiest person in the world. I am far from that- trust me.