Have you ever had a student that you just do not like?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by bishop525@yahoo, Feb 17, 2009.

1. bishop525@yahoo

bishop525@yahoo Rookie

Feb 17, 2009

There is a little girl in my class that I do not like. She wines and her voice goes right through me. I am trying to like this girl, but I don't. I keep asking my TA if she can tell if I do not like her and she said no. And I hope that this little girl doesn't know. BUT HER VOICE is so annoying!

RANT OVER!

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Feb 17, 2009

Yes!! Children are just like adults. Not everyone is likable. I ask another staff member to be the primary for the child. That does take the load off me, and when I have to deal with "the child", I can.

4. Kase

Kase Companion

Feb 18, 2009

Yes, there's a child in my class that I can't connect with but I just make the best of it. He cries like a newborn child and he will be 2 this summer. Plus his parents won't wien him off the bottle so we're supposed to give him one in the morning and in the afternoon. It's ridiculous! Plus there's another one I can't connect with because he just picks on everyone!

5. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Feb 19, 2009

I think it's almost taboo to admit this, but there has been at least one kid a year that I just don't like. And it makes me feel sooooo guilty. Like another poster, I constantly ask my aide to tell me if I'm showing my feelings, and she says I sort of favor this kid...being super sweet to hide that I really don't like him/her. It's the same every year. I'd rather it be that way. It kills me to think I'd be treating a child like they are not liked.
    Kim

6. dola0072

dola0072 Rookie

Feb 23, 2009

Don't feel bad. I have a little boy right now in my class that is just so mean. He hits, spits, pulls hair, and is just so horrible towards other kids. His mom approached me and asked me if there was any problems with her son and I told her some of the things that he has been doing (trying not to say to many negative things). She said that most of what he does is apart of their culture and that it is basically my fault that he doesn't like to come to school. I know how you feel about not liking a child. I think that it is important not to show that child that they are not my favorite. The child will grow up and learn from every experience. If they have a negative experience in school then maybe they will end up not liking school. Anyway enough of my ranting. Good luck!!

7. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Feb 24, 2009

hitting, spitting and pulling hair is part of his culture?