Have you ever gone through your old posts and see how you've grown as a teacher?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Pisces_Fish, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jun 4, 2011

I got a little nostalgic yesterday. I am finishing up my 3rd year teaching which is a milestone for me because I'm no longer ILT (Initially Licensed.) I was looking through some threads before I started student teaching and during my first year and I really feel like I have grown as a teacher. I asked some really silly questions 3 and 4 years ago ;) Has anyone else ever done this? There's so much more I've yet to master, but it feels good seeing how far I've come.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 4, 2011

I've not, but it seems like a great way to see how you've grown. And I guarantee that 3/4 years ago, your questions were not silly, they were just what you needed answers to as a beginner.

4. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jun 4, 2011

No I haven't. But I do like to think about the changes I've had since joining. I was a pre-school teacher when I joined, then student taught kinder, then 6th grade LTS, and now high school FCS. And next year, who knows what I'll be. I think it's great that I've both received and given advice during so many stages of my teaching career.

5. a2z

a2z Virtuoso

Jun 4, 2011

I haven't, but it was a really nice post to start my morning. Thanks.

I'm sure you will keep on growing over the years... reflection is such a big part of it.

6. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Jun 4, 2011

I did it once! I've only been a part of the site for two years; I looked back to see my questions during student teaching and I giggled a little -- not just about the questions, but just the way I phrased some of them.

7. crunchytxmama

crunchytxmama Companion

Jun 4, 2011

So funny that I came across this. About ten minutes ago I was looking through my subscribed threads and read my first, panicked post from last August. :lol: I was hired on a Friday after school started, teaching something I wasn't expecting to teach, and I was put in the classroom on Monday. I had one day to set up a completely empty classroom and one day to comb through the massive amount of standards and TE's to try to figure out what the heck I would be teaching. I NEVER want to live that weekend again. :lol: The first few weeks I was just a mess. I started to find my groove after Christmas, and now I'm looping with the same group and glad to have the chance to redeem myself!