Have you ever fought....

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Elcsmith, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Elcsmith

Elcsmith Companion

Jan 28, 2008

Have you ever fought an observation? I feel like I had an unfair observation recently. It was an unannounced...no big deal. However, the Assistant principal came in halfway through the lesson and nailed me to the wall for not reviewing and giving meaning to the learning. HELLO! You missed the beginning of the lesson. I feel personally attacked by some of her comments.

I was observed about two months ago by the Principal and given EXCELLENT remarks. She had some areas I needed to work on and I feel like I've really shown growth in those areas but there was NO mention of any of that.

So....I'm highlighting the parts I am questioning and in a very professional way rebuttaling and asking for examples. I want to ask for a meeting with the Assistant Principal and Principal to see how they rate me with the other present.

The main reason this is such a big deal to me is because those observations will follow me around forever and she made it sound like my class was going crazy and nobody was on task. They were in independent centers and I have no assistant…I do the best I can.
    Has anyone ever done anything like this? How did it turn out?

Sorry for the bad grammar and everything else...I'm hurt.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 28, 2008

Are you a union member? If so, this is something to talk to your rep about. I think it's fairly common to request clarification on an observation/evaluation or to provide a written response.

For what it's worth, our observations here are typically unannounced. That doesn't sound like the issue in your case, since your complaint is that your supervising administrator marked you off for parts of your lesson you addressed before s/he even entered the room. Did you provide your administrator with a copy of your lesson plan, and did your lesson plan address reviewing the material?