Have you ever done one of those online screening questionnaire for a job?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Peachyness, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Feb 7, 2011

I received an email today stating that I needed to complete an online screening questionnaire. I remember a couple of years ago people on here were complaining about it. I can't find that post, though.

But, now I'm worried about starting it. I was just going to do it, but I think I will wait until I'm not so tired.

The way it works is you have a set amount of time to answer so many questions. Once you answer, you cannot go back. UGH! Sounds very stressful.

Is this going to be one of those situation type questionnaires (like, here's the situation, what would you do)? I take a long time reading, analyzing, and answering questions. :mellow:

3. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Feb 8, 2011

I did one three years ago. As far as I recall it was mostly multiple choice. I didn't get a real interview so clearly I didn't ace that part! Then again they wanted 3-5 years experience and I had 6 months, so can't say I was surprised to not get contacted.

I just remember it asked questions about collaborating with other teachers, my general philosophy of education, strategies for working with different students. Nothing that was real different from what I would be asked in an in-person interview.

4. AFine

AFine Rookie

Feb 9, 2011

I completed the Teacher Insight questionnaire, and it was very tricky. Part of it was multiple choice. Part of it was "Choose one of these two that best fits you." Part of it was "On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being strongly agree and 5 being strongly disagree." Many did not have clear right or wrong answers, but I chose the answers that seemed best based on ideas like "students first", "collaboration," "striving for excellence", "student led learning." It is used to screen for interviews and although I am not supposed to know, I was told by a connection that I did very well.

5. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Feb 9, 2011

THanks guys! I think I will tackle it tomorrow..... or maybe now and get it over with. :D

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Feb 9, 2011

Oh, I just finished it and I did not like it, no-siree-bob. That was one stressful questionnaire. Most of them were easy, but there were several where I didn't agree with either of the choices I had to pick from or all of them seemed pretty good. BLEH!

Hey, AFine, how did you find out how you did? Did you call the secretary/HR rep and ask them?

7. AFine

AFine Rookie

Feb 9, 2011

Most school districts will absolutely not reveal results. My mother-in-law is friends with the HR Director. That is how I found out. I know it is awful, but you probably will not be able to find out. If you DO make it to an interview in the district, you could always ask and they may tell you. The HR Director told me that they recognize they are not all one right and one wrong answer, but there are certain answers on some questions that raise major red flags. There are also quite a few that give a picture of you as a whole. I felt the same way about some of them, like I either agreed with more than one answer or didn't agree with any answers. I still did well if that makes you feel better! Was it the Teacher Insight survey?

8. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Feb 9, 2011

It was called something like, screening sketch questionnaire??

I honestly don't feel like I did well. I mean, I chose the best answers that I could, but I have no clue if any of the ones I chose raised a red flag?? I've been teaching for 6 years, employee of year at my school, loved by my principal, students enjoy my classes/lessons and yet, I feel that I did horribly on that questionnaire.

OH, well, thanks for your insight, AFine. :)

9. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Feb 11, 2011

I did TONS of them and they were all just a waste of my time. :(

10. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Feb 16, 2011

I have never been hired by a district that used them.

11. tonysam

tonysam Comrade

Mar 10, 2012

This sounds like the same online garbage "personality" tests all of the retail businesses use. It is a total crock. Of course there are right or wrong answers despite the assessment claiming there isn't.