Have you called principal after an interview with questions?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Lovetoteachkids, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

At an interview Wed, the principal encouraged me to call him with any questions I came up with that I forgot to ask. He was really sincere about it and said please don't hesitate. I sent a really nice thank you e-mail to him that he would've gotten today. I was planning to call tomorrow to reiterate my interest and ask things about teacher induction, mentoring, and grade level/departmental meetings...all things I didn't think to ask. Do you think this will up my chances?

And should I still pop a thank you card in the mail as well? Or is that too redundant since I already sent the e-mail?

3. Xgomenara9

Xgomenara9 Rookie

Jul 19, 2007

If your thank you letter was pretty formal in the email..I wouldn't send another one. As for the any questions bit, I think that if he/she wasn't interested, he/she wouldn't have told you to call. Also, this lets them know that you are still interested and persistent.

If he/she said to call to indicate if you are still interested, he/she wants to know if you still want the job and to think about it before calling. That's what happened to me.