Have NO IDEA what to teach tomorrow ....

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by woobie5, Aug 13, 2009.

1. woobie5

woobie5 Comrade

Aug 13, 2009

This week has been really choppy b/c I had new teacher orientation to go to Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday was a late start and today we didn't have kids b/c we had an inservice (don't ask LOL :rolleyes:) ... so tomorrow is Friday and I just hate starting new units on Fridays etc and NEED ideas of what to plan for the day! I know it's short notice (I was at a funeral today) .... any ideas? :help:

3. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Aug 13, 2009

I agree, I wouldn't start a new unit either. I don't know if I can be much help with plans tomorrow. I think I would do some get to know you games. Do a journal writing? I know you want specifics, but I can't think of anything right not. I'll keep thinking.

4. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Aug 13, 2009

I would introduce two centers, one math, one literacy. Take time to explore them, talk about them and then do a short learning activity with them. Have a recess breaks and learn an outdoor game during one (freeze tag is always good). Read a few stories and assess how the children are able to sit and if they can answer questions about the text. Tour the school and practice routines.

This is your first week right? If that's the case I would just do the review stuff and practice, practice, practice!

5. woobie5

woobie5 Comrade

Aug 13, 2009

Thanks. No ... this is our third week of school.

6. map

map Companion

Aug 13, 2009

I always like to divide a paper in 4 squares and have them write their name in one, draw a "me" picture, draw their family and draw a tree. I date and save this and repeat in the spring.

I also make a Miss Smith Gets Ready For Kindergarten book and each child makes their own page telling what they did to get ready for K. First, I read Miss Bingergarten Gets Ready For Kindergarten book several times and discuss.

7. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Aug 14, 2009

Choice time, read alouds and assessment then.

Or preview some vocabulary for your next unit!