Have an Interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Miss Snix, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Apr 28, 2010

I found a job advertised for a full time 'Inclusion Support Facilitator' with organisation called Noah's Ark (http://www.noahsark.net.au) they are wanting an Early Childhood trained teacher to work with special needs children. I graduated as an Early Childhood teacher in 2006 and am 2 months away from graduating from a Master of Special Education. So this job is more up my ally.

I got a phone call today saying they want to interview me on Friday, they are interviewing people all day. I have never been to an interview before (not a common thing with schools here) and am extremely nervous about it...

3. WhatchaDoin?

WhatchaDoin? Comrade

Apr 28, 2010

Congratulations! There are a lot of good threads on here concerning interviews. Good luck!!!!

4. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Apr 28, 2010

Good luck! There's a thread here with interview questions and responses from other members. Try to really emphasize that you're a team-player and go in with confidence (this I'm still working on, but am getting better).

5. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Apr 28, 2010

Confidence is something I'm working on too. Little nervous about what type of questions will be asked since it's not really a teaching job which I would feel more confident in talking about.
    Have been reading the interview thread.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 29, 2010

Congrats on the interview and good luck on the interview!! Let us know how it goes.

7. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Apr 30, 2010

Had the interview today and don't think it went that well.
    Two ladies interviewed me and one of them I worked with on a prac in a child care centre back in uni, I remembered her. There was about 7 pages of full on questions and took them a few mins just to get through asking/reading out the questions and I barely understood them. They kept asking me about childcare legislations etc. And what experiences I have had with QR and ELF (What the!?!) they explained what they were but I haven't been in a childcare centre since 2005 at uni. And they asked me a question about children "of a minority" so I started answering "...minority groups..." they stopped me and said they don't like to be called that (THEY JUST SAID IT). The very first question I had was to tell them about where/what I would like to see myself working in the future so I said I was passionate about children and the early years was where I really love being. They were concerned then because the job would be working with teacher/carers/parents not children (didn't read that way in the ad or on their website). And they wanted to know how I felt about driving up to 8 hours a day to visit places in all the area and sleeping over ect. Said I would find out in about 2 weeks but it'll probally just be a rejection call which after hearing about the actual job is okay but I'd rather they not bother calling lol

8. shurweee

shurweee Rookie

Apr 30, 2010

It doesn't sound like something you'd want anyways. Sorry about the disappointment, but I hope you find something that suits you more! Good luck!

9. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Apr 30, 2010

At least you got some interview experience, and that's always valuable. I'm sorry that the position isn't what you hoped it would be :(