Has anyone with a Clear MS credential added on to it an authorization credential?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Peachyness, May 17, 2008.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

May 17, 2008

I was just curious who has added on a single subject credential to their multiple subject credential. I was wondering if you have to have a Ryan credential in order to do this (because cctc talks about this on their main site, but in a leaflet, they only mention a clear credential). I have a clear multiple subject credential and I heard that I can add on a single subject credential to it, yet, on cctc's website, they are a bit vague about it. So, I thought I would ask on here if anyone has done this. Gosh, does this sound very confusing??? I'm hoping that someone who went through this will understand what I mean..... :huh:

Thanks!

P.S. I feel like I'm being really annoying asking all of these questions, but I am really trying to figure my life out and get the ball rolling. thanks

3. Malcolm

Malcolm Enthusiast

May 17, 2008

All you have to do is prove subject matter competence and complete a single subject methods class. Look here.

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

May 17, 2008

Okay, that's what I heard and read about. I just wanted to get this clarified before I spent all of this money only to find out that it won't work with my credential type. Muchas Gracias, danke shone, merci boucoup, :thanks:,

5. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

May 17, 2008

That's the leaflet that I was talking about. There it sounds like I can do it, but here is where I read about the adding an authorization and it only mentioned the Ryan and Pre-Ryan and that's when I got a little worried.

6. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

May 17, 2008

Ugh. Are we the only state that has to deal with a commission of teaching credentials that makes it nearly impossible to comprehend their rules and regulations.
    Nothing on that website is clear.:2cents:

7. teresaglass

teresaglass Groupie

May 17, 2008

You can write to their website. That is how I got my clarification. I have my single subject in biology and Earth Science. As soon as I get my grades from my methods class i will apply for it.

8. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

May 17, 2008

I agree.... their leaflet makes a lot of sense to me. Pretty clear cut. It was when I went to that other page that got me a bit worried. They only mentioned the Ryan and Pre-Ryan and I thought, well, what is the difference here? I emailed them, so we'll see. I wonder how good they are at responding to emails? I may have to call them.

9. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

May 17, 2008

What I think is that they just wanted to explain that pre-ryans and ryans can also get the authorization along with clear, prelim, etc credentialed people. Now, is there another name for my clear credential, or is it just that? For some reason, I feel that I heard some other name for my type of credential....

10. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

May 17, 2008

I was browing the cctc's website and I found this in their help page:The holder of a valid Multiple Subject, Standard (Fisher), or General basic teaching credential may obtain a single subject instruction authorization without completing a full professional preparation program for that credential. The Commission refers to these as Added Authorizations.

Says nothing about having to have a specific credential (ie only working with those with ryans or pre-ryans) I'll still wait for the email reply, but I think I'm worrying over nothing. Problem is, I'm a natural born worry-wort. In fact, my zodiac animal is the dog, who is a worrier. Bleh.

11. ddb23

ddb23 Companion

May 18, 2008

I've added another subject to an existing MS credential. Take the CSET, the methods course, pay your $$$, and then wait. Your added authorization will actually show up as a separate clear single subject credential.

It's pretty easy to do....

db

12. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

May 18, 2008

Great. Thanks. :)