Has anyone used Tag Bags from HWT?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by LovetoteachPREK, Apr 27, 2011.

1. LovetoteachPREK

LovetoteachPREK Companion

Apr 27, 2011

Yet another question from me...has anyone tried the Tag Bags from Handwriting Without Tears? They are a math manipulative with accompanying lessons. There are little bags that have different types of closures (velcro, button, buckle, etc) and inside they place little tags with colors or numbers.

I really like the Handwriting Without Tears materials that I have used so far. We use the wood pieces, CDs and letter cards. I do not use the workbooks. I also use the Word Time curriculum, which I absolutely LOVE. In only 10 minutes a day, we discuss new vocabulary words - and sometimes they really bring up interesting discussions, like the words respect or polite.

Anyway, I guess I would like to try the Tag Bags - but they aren't cheap and it's hard to spend $100 on something you've never seen in person and I've never talked to any other users.

Anyone know more about these?

3. teach4Knsc

teach4Knsc Rookie

Jul 30, 2011

we just ordered all the math materials for this fall, and i have been "playing" with the tag bags and they are going to be fantastic!! i love hwt and i am excited to have a simple and systematic program for teaching basic math concepts (age appropriately!) to my fours...check out the website, it has tutorial videos to watch.