Has anyone used MobyMax?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MissNikki, Dec 30, 2014.

1. MissNikki

MissNikki Comrade

Dec 30, 2014

I just learned about MobyMax tonight and was wondering if anyone has experience using it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :thanks:

3. GAteacher

GAteacher Rookie

Dec 30, 2014

I've used MobyMax with both my second graders, including students with disabilities and English language learners. I can't say enough good things about the program - it is great remediation for students that have gaps and my higher students were able to 'preview' and learn new material. It originally just had math and math facts, but has expanded to reading and ela.

4. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Dec 30, 2014

What is it?

5. cartwheels

cartwheels Rookie

Dec 30, 2014

I have used it, but mostly as a reward/"fun day" activity. I teach HS Special Ed, and sometimes its diagnostic tests don't seem to be very accurate, because it will give them really wonky work (either way too difficult or way too easy). You can go in and adjust their "grade level" though, I think. Overall, I quite like it for a free program, but I've never made it a big part of the curriculum or anything.

6. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Dec 31, 2014

We used it as our summer program this year. It's not the best math program in the world, but the kids seem to like it and will go on it. I assign it for homework from time to time (especially around the holidays). It's supposed to be tailored to each student. Some of my students complain that what they're doing is too easy. Overall I like the program. You get a grade level for each of your students and an update on their progress. You are able to send messages to the students. The parents can log in using the students id (they just switch the tab to parent). They also have tablets that you can buy from the company, but we haven't done that.

7. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Jan 2, 2015

I like it for a solid math filler or math center.

8. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

Jan 2, 2015

I use it sometimes as a math center. When you first sign up, there are math games, diagnostics, and badges the kids earn as incentives. After a while, they take that away unless you start paying for it. The basic math activities are okay, though.