Has anyone used " FTCE Preparation Tutors Florida Teacher Certification Exams site?

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by history, Feb 21, 2016.

1. history

history Companion

Feb 21, 2016

I came across this site and spoke with the owner about the FTCE Professional Education Test. The owner claims they use online tutors along with a plan making sure the student understands the questions and why they are getting the questions wrong. I could go o thing that changed my mind was the 500 fee even after getting a refund if I did not like the first lesson. Did anyone come acro0ss this site or used their program?
    Thanks

3. history

history Companion

Feb 24, 2016

Has anyone heard anything about this company?

4. mickapoo

mickapoo Rookie

Feb 25, 2016

What is the URL of the website? It doesn't sound familiar.

5. history

history Companion

Feb 25, 2016

Ftcetutoring.com

6. mickapoo

mickapoo Rookie

Feb 25, 2016

No, I have never heard of it nor have I seen it mentioned anywhere or know anyone who has personally used it.

I'm contemplating Learning Liaisons (for the Prof Ed test) but I'm not sure that's the right way to go either. I already have the CliffNotes study guide so I might just use that and then on the last day go through the LL course.

7. history

history Companion

Feb 25, 2016

The learning liaisons is good to use while using the cliff notes book. They teach you strategies in how to pick the correct answer.
    There are numerous things to factor when preparing for this test.
    1. There are no up to date questions.
    2. The test is situational based and common core thinking.
    3. If you have taught previously it might help .

8. mickapoo

mickapoo Rookie

Feb 25, 2016

So the LL workshops just cover strategies, not so much content?

9. history

history Companion

Feb 25, 2016

No, it covers all 8 competencies and what they expect.
    They aometimes offer discount. Email Dr a

10. mickapoo

mickapoo Rookie

Feb 26, 2016

Have you taken the Prof Ed test before? Or the LL workshop? Did it not prepare you? Is that why you wanted to try that other resource you mentioned in your initial post?

11. history

history Companion

Feb 26, 2016

I took it twice and i am currently trying his strategy. I am still checking out oth e r sources. The learning liaisons is currently offering a discount for their programs on their website.

12. history

history Companion

Mar 5, 2016

Did you use the company teaching solutions for the ftce pet?
    I ask because they will not answer my questions

13. AM2020

AM2020 Guest

Aug 15, 2016

Hi I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to respond but I am in desperate need of help for k-6 subject area!!! If there is anyone out there that has any advice (aside from the obvious)I would greatly appreciate it. I even have specific questions to problems from the test I can not find the answers for. Help!!

14. Ana Manana

Ana Manana Guest

Oct 11, 2016

history:

Did you use Ftcetutoring.com? Is it legit?

15. Dec 13, 2016

NO, THEY ARE NOT GOOD. IT'S $529 and all you get is a bunch of mock questions that are aligned to build your confidence for test taking but then you get to the test and you still don't understand how to answer any questions OR WHAT OR WHY your getting what your getting wrong.
    They also give you "Homework" with information that you can basically get by searching on the FTCE SITE and finding out what Topics will be covered. YOur best chance honestly is to take the test, expose yourself to the Questions and keep studying everything you remembered. THESE TUTORING AND TEST SITES ARE feeding off of peoples failures and trying to give them hope. and THEY POST FAKE EMAILS AND REPLY POST OF PEOPLE SAYING HOW SUCCESSFUL AND HOW THEY "passed" by using their site.

think about it if it was cheap, you would think its fake. so they make it expensive so you think the site has to be legit if their charging that much. its all a business to sucker you in.