Has anyone here tried the beauty samples ...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, May 3, 2012.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 3, 2012

from "Birchbox".... It looks like they send you a few samples each month with a subscription so wondering what they're like. I love trying beauty samples even if I don't end up buying the regular size just to try new products. Anyways I may be getting a free year's worth waiting to hear back from a different company's giveaway that wasn't announced formally as a contest and they're still messaging me....that's how I heard about this Birchbox company. It looks like a neat idea for variety each month so hoping they truly meant they wanted to give me a year for free....but waiting on the details before I give them my address. :thumb:

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 3, 2012

I will PM you.

4. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 3, 2012

Ok

5. HeatherY

HeatherY Habitué

May 4, 2012

I just heard about this and got an invite. I don't think I'm going to do it right now. but if you got a free 1 year subscription, go get it!

6. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 4, 2012

yeah I think I really did "win" it even though it wasnt a contest I was on another companys fb page and they said I was a selected winner...so that will be neat if it is for real.

7. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

May 4, 2012

I am hesitant to try new products because my skin is so sensitive, so the samples wouldn't be worth it for me.

8. bison

bison Habitué

May 4, 2012

I don't get it but some of my friends do. Their reviews of the products vary from month to month, but they generally find it fun. It's good for people who enjoy playing with new products. You can search and see what people have been getting in past months, it's all over the internet. I don't know that I'd buy it, but it's definitely worth a free subscription!

Edit: I just looked at some past boxes. Some months are better than others and DEFINITELY worth it. I wish I got the February box! There was a beauty blender! Those are around $20 and the box is $10. Now I'm thinking of trying it out myself..

9. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 5, 2012

I just found out too there are other companies who sell these boxes each month too under different brands....it looks fun so I am waiting for their reply since it looks like I won a free year.

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 5, 2012

Never heard of them, but maybe one day I'll see what they're about.

11. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 5, 2012

Ms. I, I think you would really enjoy them!

12. msfcs

msfcs Rookie

May 5, 2012

I love, love, love my birchbox!! It's like getting a small present in the mail once a month - absolutely worth the 10 dollars. I have gotten a few full sized products too! I believe 3 months ago one of my items was a stila eyeliner that is 18 dollars alone :)

13. bison

bison Habitué

May 5, 2012

I signed up to be "in line" and they'll let me know when I can actually sign up for the site. :)

14. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 10, 2012

woo hoo I am getting a free year subscription they got me signed up. What's interesting is I never entered a contest so I had no idea at all and I had never even heard of this company before either! I was on Facebook the other day and some coffee company gave it to me as one of their selected winners so it caught me by surprise. I'm excited for my first box to come and check it out. I love samples and trying new things!

15. bison

bison Habitué

May 10, 2012

How exciting! I actually ordered my first box today thanks to this thread. It's not shipping for a while yet but I can't wait! I think sometimes the boxes are different so we should share the results here when they arrive. :)

16. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 11, 2012

Oh cool. Yeah if I remember I will come on to post what it came with....I thought all the boxes for that month would be the same...I'm just happy to try new things!