Has anyone ever sent a thank-you note for GETTING a job?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Rainbowbird, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 29, 2011

I know we send thank-yous for interviews, even when we are not called back.

Somehow I feel like I should send a hand-written note to the P for hiring me and giving me extra time to think about it. I don't know. Is this related to my desperate job search? Am I going over the top?

Anyone else ever do this?

3. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 29, 2011

I think that's a very nice thing to do. It shows the P that you appreciate his/her decision and the job he/she has to do!

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 29, 2011

Your best thanks is showing the administration that they made the right choice when hiring you. Work hard, learn your content, support your student, be a team player.:cool:

5. elateacher4life

elateacher4life Cohort

Jul 29, 2011

A thank-you note wouldn't be a bad idea.

6. Toy_03

Toy_03 Companion

Jul 29, 2011

I would do it....I forgot to send a thank you note AFTER I was hired. I was so use to sendin one before that I forgot to send one AFTeR.

7. HWilson

HWilson Comrade

Jul 29, 2011

I typed up the "What Teacher's Make" story, printed it on really cute paper, framed it, wrapped it, and gave one to everyone involved in hiring me along with a Thank You card ....

They really liked it and they have it up in their classrooms.

8. TeachGA

TeachGA Rookie

Jul 30, 2011

I did! I got some cheapo, but cute, personalized thank-you cards from Vista Print. It basically said, "Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to speak with me. I'm honored to be chosen as a part of the ABC Elementary community. I can't wait to begin working with the kindergarten team." Something along the lines of that, anyways.

9. kacieann

kacieann Companion

Jul 30, 2011

I give my administration thank you notes all the time. When I get to attend PD sessions that I want to attend and when I get anything for my classroom that comes from administration.

10. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 30, 2011

I decided to send an email since the P was leaving to go on vacation. He sent a very gracious email back saying that there was no need to thank him, and that they were lucky to have me.

I have to say, I used to send a lot of thank-you's to my old super for various things he did for the teachers. 20 years later, he has ended up being a strong supporter and has written references for me. I think people really do appreciate it.

11. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Jul 31, 2011

A nicely written e-mail I think is appreciated. :) I hugged my principal when I had found out I was hired lol But that is the type of community I'm in.

12. LiteratureLover

LiteratureLover Rookie

Jul 31, 2011

I'm sending my P one. I've known her forever, so I appreciate her. She was vice principal when I was in high school. :lol: I think it's a nice gesture that is appreciated.