Has anyone ever had to deal with this?

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by rlbbas123, May 6, 2007.

1. rlbbas123

rlbbas123 Rookie

May 6, 2007

Has anyone ever had to deal with this? Background: Several years ago, I befriended this woman who in the end kept asking me for my credit card number to pay a couple of bills for someone in her family. I hesitated at first, but after she kept pestering me I finally gave in and gave her my credit card account number to pay a bill. BIG MISTAKE. After my family caught wind of what was going on, I decided to end the friendship and later found out she was going around the community and saying things about me that were not true(A TOTAL CASE OF SLANDER), anyway I ended up getting an attorney telling her to stop or we would file suit against her. She would even send people to my place of work to kept tabs on me, crank calls, having people follow me.It has been a total nightmare.I keep telling myself eventually she will leave me alone. Present: I started subbing a while back due to family reasons and now I feel like she is at it again. To make matters worse, I subbed a couple of weeks ago, only to find out her child was in my class. I kept a very professional, friendly attitude due to the problems with her, and actually the child was very well behaved and very well mannered. I thought the day went great. The problem is I feel like she is going to start up the something again and start slandering me to the school administrators to get me banished from working there again. My question is this: will they(school) get my side of things before any rush to judgement is made against me. I'm trying to finish school to become a teacher, which is a dream of mine, and really don't want doors slammned in face beforehand. Any advice on what to do?
    Thanks.
    rlbbas123

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 6, 2007

Why not fill in your administration before a problem erupts?

My principal is incredibly supportive, but it drives him nuts when he gets the parent's side of the story before the teacher's. Be pro-active. Make an appointment and fill the administration in, just in case.

4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

May 7, 2007

I have a deal with my neighboring teacher. I take all the children of her crazy neighbors, and she takes all of my relatives. LOL

Like someone else said, talk to administration first.

5. smilingteacher

smilingteacher Rookie

May 8, 2007

Write everything downs that happens. I am very sure a person can not walk onto a school campus without signing in. I would be calm cool and colect and tell administration. Your doing great! Keep up the good work!