Has anybody tried Bombas socks?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by a2z, Nov 25, 2019.

1. a2z

a2z Maven

Nov 25, 2019

I've been hearing about them. I like that they donate on pair of socks for every one bought, but $60 dollars (on sale) for a 4 pack of socks? Just think how many packs of socks you can buy and donate with 50 dollars (spending 10 dollars of the 60 on a pack of socks for yourself).

So, what am I missing. Why are their socks, made in China, the best socks.

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Nov 25, 2019

I don't have the answer, but do share your questions. However, I have worn Gold Toe for years, and some of them are no cheaper, and nothing is getting donated. Don't get me started on what they are paying for these items to be made in China so that they can sell them for top dollar here. Let us know if you try them!

4. a2z

a2z Maven

Nov 25, 2019

Oh, I won't try them. I won't pay that much for a pair of socks, but that is me.

5. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Nov 25, 2019

I remember seeing these on shark tank! I would never pay so much for socks though--especially since I always lose them.

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 25, 2019

I hate socks. They hurt my toes. They scrunch down into my shoes.

I finally broke down and bought some Bombas when they were on sale. LOVE THEM. They don’t have a seam to hurt, and they don’t scrunch up on my toes or into my shoes.

I was between sizes, so I went up a size. They were too big, and they exchanged them for a size small.

7. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Dec 1, 2019

I love mine as well. I got my first few pairs as part of a special deal and they were half off, so not too bad. I found myself being disappointed every week when I wore those pairs and then was back to my regular old socks. Last Christmas I decided to bite the bullet and convert all of my socks over. It ended up working out wonderfully; they had a black Friday sale that overwhelmed them and shipping was late/full of mistakes. I ended up getting my entire order for free.

They are thicker and so much more comfortable than other socks. They don't slide down or move around. I have small feet and "one size fits all" socks end up sliding around on my feet. Bombas has sizing and I can order the small. I also sweat a lot and my feet do not get sweaty or stinky in Bombas. I used to come home from work and put on a new pair of socks because my feet would be so gross. That's not at all needed with Bombas.

This summer I was moving over the span of a few weeks and had a lot of clothes over at the new house already. One morning I couldn't find any Bombas so I put on an old pair of something else figuring it's just socks. I had them off within minutes digging around for any pair of Bombas I could find. They were so thin and loose and uncomfortable!

I agree it's a ridiculous price to pay for socks, but I will never go back! They also have a deal where if you lose one, they will send you a replacement sock for free. And if you're not happy with them for any reason you can return within any time frame. Customer service is great.

8. a2z

a2z Maven

Dec 2, 2019

Thanks for everyone's input. It turns out I also have a friend who bought 2 pair last year. It seems they really are comfortable. Now if they can just figure out how to make them in the USA.

I wonder what charities receive the socks. Time to research.

9. miss-m

miss-m Devotee

Dec 2, 2019

My fiancé and my mom both wear Bombas and love them. Apparently they last forever; fiancé got his in the kickstarter (or Indiegogo, apparently. 2012) and they still look brand new. They look really warm and thick, too.

I'm all about the buy-one, donate-one arrangement. I never got into TOMS because they looked so uncomfortable, but my glasses are from Warby Parker for that reason and I actually may end up trying Bombas at some point because my feet are always cold in the winter and I need some thicker socks.