Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (possible spoilers!!!)

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ChristyF, Jul 18, 2011.

1. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jul 18, 2011

I did a quick search and didn't see a thread on the movie. I just got in from seeing it and I was blown away. The movie itself made me emotional, but also, when it was over, we sat in the theater until the usher came in and started cleaning. It's so sad that this is it. It's over. :(
    So, those who have seen it, what did you think?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  3. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 18, 2011

I cried from beginning to end. Literally. I tried to stifle my sobs so that my friends would not be too embarrassed. LOL.

I know that it's different from the book, but honestly that doesn't bother me. I see them as separate entities. I view the movies as interpretations of the book.

The only thing I wish they had included was the repairing of Harry's wand. I think that was a poignant part of the book that showed a lot about his character and his understanding of magic and power.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Harry, the books, the movies, everything about the whole franchise! :)

4. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jul 18, 2011

For a second I got really excited thinking there was an eighth book... I still haven't seen the movie but plan on it soon! It will definitely be bittersweet... I grew up with Harry Potter. Literally Daniel Radcliffe and I are the same age :haha: I read each book the night it came out and read it in one night! I would go to sleep when Dad was getting up for work.

5. janney

janney Cohort

Jul 18, 2011

I'm going to go see it sometime this week. I'm so excited and know I'll be silently bawling. :) Then I'll probably reread the books since I've only read them once.

Loved this video that recaps all the books/movies. http://youtu.be/y57sYHIDP_Y

6. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jul 18, 2011

lol Sorry, I got lazy with the title. :blush: I went back and fixed it! :D

Bandnerd, I feel you on the crying. That was the fastest 130 minutes of my life. All the characters made me love them, even Draco and his mother. Loved, loved, loved the scene with Mrs. Weasley and Bellatrix (the big scene). I need to go back and re-read. I did about 6 months ago, but I had forgotten the repair scene until you mentioned it. Neville was amazing, so was Snape and McGonagall. This was the best I've seen Ralph Fiennes do as Voldemort, and that's saying a lot (because I love him!)

7. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Jul 18, 2011

There is another thread floating around here somewhere. I cried the entire movie. I loved it.

8. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Jul 19, 2011

I am going to have to go and see it again. I was sitting near a man and his girlfriend and he was asking questions through the entire movie. "Who is that? Why are they doing that? Wht didn't they do this? Where are they going?" They talked through the whole movie!!!!
    Don't get me wrong...I loved, loved, loved the movie...I just do not like it when people talk through the whole thing! UGH!

9. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2011

lol. That one is great. I love this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3CcyUAHtdk&feature=share Some language in it, but it makes me laugh, especially the Voldemort cat.

10. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jul 19, 2011

lol no big deal, I knew it was too good to be true! :lol: