Happy Weekend!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Sep 30, 2011.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 30, 2011

Yay it is Friday! I am hoping to make contact with some families for my tutoring work So I can start teaching here soon.

If it stays dry I want to ride my bike today. Since I need to lose a little weight I am determined to exercise even if it late at night to a tv exercise show like last night. I enjoyed the billy banks one and a little kickboxing one to see what those are like.

Maybe we will go drive around and explore potential neighborhoods to move to also.

I hope everyone has a fun weekend! If you want to share go for it!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 30, 2011

I'm on day 2 of a 4 day weekend. It's Rosh Hahanah, the new year in the Jewish religion and many public schools are closed.
    Yesterday I did A LOT of organizing and laundry. I caulked around some windows for better weather proofing and made plans to replace my shower faucets with washerless ones.
    Today I'm meeting my sisters and parents for lunch. Mom had hip replacement about a month ago and today is her first lunch out!:thumb: my cleaning lady is coming this afternoon so I swirled around this mrninggetting ready for her.
    Shopping and rugby games this weekend.

4. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Sep 30, 2011

This is my last day until a week-long Fall Break! We're finishing up our 9th week of school, so we have a break between quarters. This school year has been flying by for me!

5. Major

Major Connoisseur

Sep 30, 2011

It's Saturday seven days a week for me...... and having fun is a priority... :p

With a combination of kick boxing, bike riding, jogging and maybe some weight training you will lose all the pounds you want... Plus all those endorphins will keep a smile on your face .......:)

6. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Sep 30, 2011

I had to re-read that three times before realizing it said washerless. I couldn't figure out how waterless showers would work!

I'm excited to watch the Brewers in the playoffs and the huge Nebraska-Wisconsin football game on Saturday. Tonight I may head to the Oktoberfest in town, but it's cold here!

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 30, 2011

The weather is GORGEOUS today! We had several rainstorms roll thru yesterday and the temp dropped. Windows open today, sunny...:)

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 30, 2011

I'm on day 2 of a 5-day wknd...not due to a holiday. I just gave myself a few weekdays off because I can & I have a ton of school work to finish.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 30, 2011

Wow Ms I...I think you said you have Fridays off, but two additional days off on a brand new job? That's so nice to have some flexibility.:)

10. Hitchcock fan

Hitchcock fan Companion

Sep 30, 2011

Gorgeous fall weather here in NE Georgia! Excited about the Petit LeMans all day tomorrow, and our 10-day fall break. My husband and I are headed to New England for a week to "get out of Dodge" and take a break from grading papers and writing my dissertation.

11. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Sep 30, 2011

Hoping it doesn't rain for us. We have had enough, thank you. My baby boy is home for the weekend (ok, he's a college freshman) so I'm very happy about that. I have to share him with his girlfriend but it's better than nothing.
    Make your own pizza party for my MIL's non-birthday tomorrow. Should be fun!

12. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Oct 1, 2011

I looked at the titled of this and went... huh (it's still to early for me). Today is my Friday (my weekends are Sunday and Monday)
    Also, today is my BF's Sunday (his weekends are Friday and Saturday)

hehe.

13. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Oct 1, 2011

Today is moving day! I'm kinda-sorta ready... the house still looks like a tornado went through it. I have yet another load of stuff for Goodwill to drop off today (brings the count to 8 bags of clothes and shoes, two truck loads of furniture, and 3 trips of "stuff"). The cat is freaking out. I just realized I did not mow the lawn last night.

At least I have a few weeks to get everything cleaned up and straightened out before Dad comes home :)

14. teacherhoosier

teacherhoosier Companion

Oct 1, 2011

The weather is wonderful out today..wish I could be out enjoying it..I'll be here at school for most of the day, and then Sunday, watching football..maybe I can get out for a walk then..