Happy Vday

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by stephenpe, Feb 14, 2007.

1. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Feb 14, 2007

I left flowers/candy/card and stuffed animal on the table for my wife this morning. Maybe it was good enough. I heard on the radio a guy took lots of the little school valentines and had his wife's friends and coworkers sign them for her and give them to her in a little box, I hope all here have a great Vday:love:

3. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Feb 14, 2007

That's a nice gift....

Dinner plans went out the window due to snow, but there's always pizza...

Happy V- Day everyone.

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Feb 14, 2007

I may not get a valentine today, but yesterday my daughter shopped for food for dinner, then cooked a delicious dinner, and her boyfriend cleaned up afterward. That's my kind of valentine.

5. E Bunni 99

E Bunni 99 Rookie

Feb 14, 2007

My husband reset his grandmothers diamond into a new engagement ring for me. It is very nice. No going out tonight though. We are iced in. I am wondering when we will make it back to school! :-/

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 14, 2007

E bunni how nice.... I think we are getting take out!! Bought hubby a vday tie & gave it to him last nite...today a few more ties!!!

7. JenL

JenL Comrade

Feb 14, 2007

snowed in here in indiana too....i do not miss the party with the kids at school....parties always make my first graders crazy...
    my husband just called and said he has to work late and there is no way to get out of it....slow deliveries put him behind so there goes the dinner plans for me too....
    maybe my present will be extra special since he is ditching me for dinner on vday!:p

8. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Feb 14, 2007

JenL,
    We are out of school today, also. Do you think your parties will be rescheduled for tomorrow? I am assuming ours will be.

9. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Feb 14, 2007

I'm also snowed in:) My boyfriend went to work at 3pm, so we got to spend time together this morning:) He was bummed because he was going to surprise me by buying flowers and putting them in a spot where I would find them when I came home from school, but I got that call at 4:30am saying I didn't need to go anywhere!

We are going out to dinner on Monday (the next night we both have off). :)

10. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Feb 14, 2007

My fiance gave me beautiful flowers and a balloon last night. He bought them yesterday because he wasn't sure what the weather was going to be like today and gave them to me last night because the water in the vase would have frozen in his truck over night. He said he's got more....I'm expecting a card and maybe some chocolate. :) We weren't expecting to be able to go out to dinner tonight because he gets home too late, but he got out an hour early so hopefully there won't be too long of a wait at Olive Garden!

11. GatorGal

GatorGal Cohort

Feb 14, 2007

I love the Olive Garden. Mmmm.

12. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Feb 14, 2007

Olive Garden was very yummy and there was only a 15 minute wait when we got there. By the time we were leaving it was up to an hour and 20 minutes, though so we had pretty good timing getting there before 5:30! In addition to my flowers and balloon from last night, I got some chocolate, a delicious cake from a gourmet bakery near where my fiance works, and a beautiful card that made me cry. :love:

13. srh

srh Devotee

Feb 14, 2007

My class adopted an elephant for me at our local zoo! It came complete with a certificate of adoption and a "look-alike" stuffed elephant, and my name gets posted somewhere there. It is SO sweet! Speaking of sweet, Kinder parents must buy stock in chocolate...you should see what I brought home. Not complaining, though, even if I did start a new work-out program last month! HAHA Hopefully, I'll just break even with the pounds this month.

14. GatorGal

GatorGal Cohort

Feb 14, 2007

Oooh I'm jealous. We ended up not being able to go to the Japanese Steakhouse because it was booked with reservations all night! Ugh, we should have thought ahead. :(

Olive Garden had a 2 hour wait, so we opted for a 45 min wait time at Red Lobster. Oh well, snow crab was good!

15. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Feb 15, 2007

I hear that Japanese Steakhouse is good. We did crockpot
    pork roast and cabbage my dad grew. It was delicious.
    Two of my best 1st grade girls gave me a very nice "gator"
    hat rack. The wifey was kind of sick and the boy was crazy last
    nite so it was low key.
    funny thing, Wife said "who got the balloon? (she read my reciept)
    I had forgot and left it in laundry room and not put it out before I left"

16. maslam

maslam New Member

Feb 15, 2007

my V/day with my books and computer nothing els in the life for v/day . this is my v/day
    Aslam Baloch

17. teach123

teach123 Cohort

Feb 15, 2007

I was really surprised yesterday. My hubby had gotten me flowers and a heart shaped cake on Tues. because of the snow. Then after a delicious dinner yesterday, he surprised me with a Teddy Bear, a box of chocolates, a card, and a CD with romantic music. He was planning to send it all to school yesterday, but we were closed because of the snow and ice.

18. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Feb 16, 2007

I got my husband some beer bar lights on Ebay and some decorative flags for his shop, which makes it look more festive when he has pool tournaments and I got the light fixture for the dining room and new vacuum cleaner I've wanted for six months. We've very practical at my house, but happy!