Happy Halloween, All!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Jem, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Oct 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We've spent the morning sleeping in, making brunch and I made a kimono for the girl I mentor. We're picking her up around 4, feeding her mac and cheese and then taking her trick-or-treating.

What are your plans?

3. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Oct 31, 2009

working until 7...then going around with bf, his kid, her mom, her mom's bf, and my friend and her kid trick-or-treating...well..if bf will let me...

i'm still on bed rest...technically...until tuesday when I go back to the doctor

4. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Oct 31, 2009

Staying home. My 16 yr old has the flu. I will need to briefly go out to drop my 17 yr old off at her friends and then back home to take care of the sick one.

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Oct 31, 2009

Staying home. No kids ever come by so I didn't get any candy to give out. I'm making the same thing I make for every Halloween dinner. Worms and Eyeballs LOL

6. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Oct 31, 2009

Handing out candy. Usually I dress up, watch TV, and hand out candy as the kids come. This year DH and I are sitting by the fire pit in our rockers, drinking wine, and handing out candy as the kids come. Sounds kind of grannyish (except for the wine!)

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Oct 31, 2009

Hmmm...I don't want to be grannyish either. I think I will make some Halloween-tinis! I don't know exactly how to make them but I'll figure out something LOL

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 31, 2009

9. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 31, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL!!!

We just got back from the carnival at dd's school. Waiting for friends to arrive so the kiddos can go trick or treating. Dh is handing out candy. Then we might go to a party tonight at a neighbors.

10. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Oct 31, 2009

Staying home, and not eating candy. My grandson is here with the flu--yes H1N1. He is asleep--taking a nap for the first time in 8 years, so I know he is sick.

Our neighbors gave us a lovely mum to plant outside. All the neighbors got one--and now we are all in THE neighborhood group.

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Oct 31, 2009

12. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Oct 31, 2009

Getting ready to go to a party..waiting until 8 in case we get a few more kids!! At least we have had 8 or 9! The neighbor said there were none last year!! When I lived in Illinois we often had 100-150. We sat in the driveway because it was easier than answering the door!! Though, our neighborhood was very popular with the kids!!

13. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Oct 31, 2009

I am in the same boat. I called the dr. yesterday when I got home from school because my youngest (16 yrs) was hot, tired and cranky. THey said to treat like it was H1N1. They also said plenty of fluids and rest as well as if the fever does not stay down take to the ER. He has slept most of the day. It seems strange not to see him at his computer.

14. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 31, 2009

Happy Happy Halloween!!
    Your tinis sound fab!!
    :p

Just turned our porch light out- we were in the living room waiting on the World Series rain delay when my husband noticed some little kids' faces pushed up against our living room window:eek:They hadn't even rung the doorbell- he got up and gave them candy- then they asked for a bag (how do you go out trick or treating without a bag?!) He gave them a plastic grocery bag and we decided we were done! Now if the rain in Philly will just stop so the Yankees can get those bats cracking.

15. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 31, 2009

The kids are wiped out!!

We were out from 1-4:30, then hung out with the neighbors till about 5:30, had some pizza and were out from 7-8:30. The kids are exhausted!!!

I put 14 sandwich sized baggies and a quart? Gallon? sized one of chocolates into the freezer. I still have bin full of probably 5 or 6 lbs of candy in the dining room. So we're good for a while on candy!!!

Peter is at the Islander game (in GREAT seats, a friend had an extra ticket) and they're winning. So he's have a great evening too!

16. goopp

goopp Devotee

Oct 31, 2009

Both of my girls have friends over. They trick-or-treated in the rain for a couple of hours...now we are all watching Halloween on TV. My dh is watching football in the basement, comes up and scares the girls every once in a while.

17. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 31, 2009

Not much. Went to dinner at Souplantation where we saw families w/ several kids dressed up. Then went to the bookstore for a time & came back home. Watched the movies Drag Me to Hell. It was strange.

18. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2009

Over 100 trick or treaters - it is 9 and they are still coming. I had to go out for more candy - I think we were too generous at the beginning because it started slowly but they made up for it. I think this is the most we have had since 9/11 when it went from hundreds to practically none. A house down the street did a haunted house, chainsaw and all, so word has spread and the teenagers are starting to show up. It is a beautiful night with warm weather and a full moon so that is encouraging the late ones.

Good night all.

19. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 31, 2009

We had a great night trick or treating!! All our candy is gone. We had more kids this year than last. Dd got a huge stash of candy this year!

20. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Nov 1, 2009

I have tons of candy left over! We probably had fewer than 50 kids, down from over 150 a couple of years ago. We only had one come after 7:45 so I turned out our lights at 8:30. Even with all of the candy left over, I'll be hitting the stores first thing this morning for half-price candy. I'll send a big box to my son and take some to school to use for the "shameless bribes" I give to my grade 7 and 8s on occasion.

21. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 1, 2009

It started raining here at about 8 pm, so that ended it with one exception-- 4 teens came with great costumes (all scary, but good!) at about 8:30 in the rain. I told them each to take "LOTS!" since they were our last of the night.

While we were hanging out with neighbors, Kira lost a tooth somewhere in the grass. I told her I would write a letter to the tooth fairy explaining why we couldnt' find the tooth... then promptly forgot all about the whole thing. She just got up, looking for her money from the tooth fairy. I explained that it was probably a very busy night for the tooth fairy, suggested that she look on the dining room table, then managed to get a dollar onto the living room coffee table. No note from the tooth fairy this time (she usually leaves a "don't forget to keep brushing" type of note) but I explained that Halloween is probably her busiest night :)