Happy Grams

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by djmondi, Sep 9, 2007.

1. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Sep 9, 2007

Did any of you used to get these as a student? I'm trying to find something similar to use in my classroom and I've had no luck in my google search. They were about the size of half a piece of paper, yellow in color, with a smiley face at the top - came in pads of many pages. Teachers would send them home when you had a great day or week. Is there anything like this out there today?

3. Ms.T

Ms.T Comrade

Sep 9, 2007

I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds like fun! Maybe you could try the dollar store - I always get very cute pads of paper there in different shapes. The Dollar Tree (if you have one by you) always has teacher stuff; lately they have cut-outs (not in a pad, though) in the shape of apples, stars, etc. I write on those when a kid has a great day; they love to take them home!

4. gab

gab Comrade

Sep 20, 2007

I've missed so many posts since school began several weeks ago. Hope this might help. Our District Print Shop has, in the past, printed Happy Grams for our bldg. They are printed on yellow or goldenrod paper, say Happy Gram at the top, there's a lined area for wtg, and they also include our school name and an illustration of a raccoon which is our mascot. Perhaps you could create one specific to your class and have your printshop make them for you.

I haven't used them in years as I moved to sending postcards to students. LifeTouch, the photo people for class and individual pictures, always left a bunch for different stationary for staff including postcards which read: Good News & A Note Home. So, I send students those, addressed to the students. Just an idea...good luck!

5. deliakid

deliakid Rookie

Sep 21, 2007

When I was in elementary, we used to get those along with a "happy call" from the principal. She would come by once a week or once a month I'm not sure to each classroom and ask each teacher who has been following directions, listening, etc. and then the principal would call their parent infront of the class to let the parent know how well their student has been at school. I still remember mine to this day and so do my parents!