Hang in there

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Annie227, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Annie227

Annie227 Companion

Aug 20, 2007

Just wanted to send some encouragement to those still looking for a job- don't give up yet! I know my last district (in So. CA) started school today and had at least 4 subs in classrooms because teachers didn't show up. I know they had at least 4 teachers sign contract and never report to work (actually, 2 reported for 1 day of training and then skipped town). Then the high school didn't have a math teacher, so they 'stole' one from the middle school - so the middle school needed that on top of a special day class teacher (I think that person also had signed a contract and then resigned).
    My new district (here in VA) still had openings for a Business Ed and 2 girls PE teachers as of last Thursday.
    There are still things available, just keep looking and don't let it get you down!

3. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Aug 20, 2007

How do you not show up!!!!!! I can't imagine!!!! It's so tough to get a job as it is...WOW!! I can't even fathom that right now!! Call me naive but...seriously...sign a contract and not show!!

OKAY...anyway...Stuff will still open for all of you who are still looking!! I had three interviews within 5 days the week before school started (last year)! There was plenty more open after I accepted my position! Stay calm...it'll come when the time is right! I was freaking out too...but it all came around!:2up:

4. teach101

teach101 Companion

Aug 20, 2007

Thanks for the encouraging words :)

5. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Aug 20, 2007

We are two weeks from the start of school (the teachers report next week) My school is currently interviewing for a 2nd grade teacher and we just found out about the 1/2 time Kindergarten this morning!
    There is always hope!!!